〘038〙

Putting her arms through the hospital gown, Yvonne closed her eyes as a contraction decided to push itself through

Bailey started to tie the white gown on the back of the female's neck, patting her shoulders. "You want anything? Ice chips, hot shower, punching bag?"

"My boyfriend would be great." Yvonne started to walk back and forth in the room, waiting for the next contraction to make its entrance. "Oh god."

"I can do that, just keep breathing through those nasty contractions, okay?" Miranda walked into the hallway but peeked her head in again. "I'm giving you an IV as well, Grey, now I'm gonna get your boyfriend."

Feeling the tightness again the blonde placed both her hands on the hospital bed, moving her hips slightly to the left and right, soothing the pain in some kind of way.

Feeling a hand on her back the woman sighed in relief, closing her eyes and trying not to release a single tear. "She didn't want to wait, but I did because they're not here."

"They'll be back before you know, I'm here." Jackson rubbed her back, noticing Miranda walking in with an IV.

"Yvonne, listen I know you're in pain now every few minutes, but I need to place an IV, got it?" Miranda looked into Yvonne's eyes nodding as she nodded too.

Slowly sitting down on the side of the bed, Miranda started to cleanse a spot in Yvonne's arm, placing a tourniquet.

The woman removed the needle from the package and ensured that the catheter can unhook from the needle.

Miranda inserted the needle into the vein with the opening in the needle facing upwards and waited for the blood to return into a clear chamber.

"There you go." She attached the saline lock to the catheter, ensuring that the saline lock is in the open position.

The female inserted 5 ml of normal saline into the saline port to ensure that fluids can move freely through the IV. "I'm gonna page Karev for your dilation, is that okay?"

"The faster she's out, the better, anything that makes progress is fine to me," Yvonne muttered, taking a breath in as she got another contraction.

"Sloan left this here yesterday, saying you'd probably go into labor, the man was right." Alex placed the bag onto the windowsill, accepting the pair of gloves Miranda was holding out. "Just take a deep breath in and out, 'kay?"

Yvonne nodded, leaning back into the pillow and closing her eyes before she felt an aching pain, shakingly breathing out. "Please tell me I'm past the 3?"