〘023〙

Throwing a pair of blue surgical gloves into the trash can

Throwing a pair of blue surgical gloves into the trash can. Lexie pushed the scissor with stitches into Mark his hands as she walked up to Meredith.

"This day sucks," Lexie grumbled when placing her sleepy face on the desk with closed eyes.

"Yvonne and Jackson acting like a newlywed couple sucks," Meredith replied as a chuckle followed.

"What did they do?" Lexie questioned when opening her eyes that gazed at her sister.

"Do? Nothing, I guess," Meredith said, with a slow tone of confusion.

"Okay, so they indeed do something?" Lexie smiled, tapping her chin. "Do go on."

Meredith sighed as her hand filled a cup of coffee. "Yesterday they were arguing."

Lexie frowned, sitting upright with a neutral expression on her face. "Every couple argues now and then?"

The blonde sister shook her head when swallowing a gulp of coffee. "When the words 'Don't tell Meredith' are being heard it's not just arguing."

Lexie gazed at her sister with the feeling of confusion and thoughts. "Maybe they had sex in your bed?"

The general surgeon gave Lexie a blank face as the words followed. "They've been there, done that."

"Well, maybe it's just–"

The dark-haired female her words were cut off as the notification sound of her phone went off.

"What is it?" Meredith questioned placing her cup on top of the table. 

"Eve is coming back to work?" Lexie mumbled with a tiny tone of shock, about the fact that she would already be coming back.

The older Grey got up from her chair and placed her cup in the sink before walking out.

"Yeah that would be great–" Richard's phone call was broken by a loud sound which was his door being closed by Meredith.

"My sister got shot two weeks ago, Bailey allowed her to go home early and now she's coming to work also too early but now it's you who allowed her to. Are you out of your mind? Because I think you are. She had a shot wound, next to her heart. If it wasn't for Christina performing surgery and Mark telling her what to do. My sister would be dead! So as soon as she walks through that door. Please put her on chart duty?" Meredith rambled as her head had a light pink color of rambling on.