〘003 〙

Looking at her hands, she was lost in her thoughts

Looking at her hands, she was lost in her thoughts. Not acknowledging how much longer her dad would be with her, without pain.

She felt a hand softly rubbing up and down her back. Snapping the girl out of her thoughts, Yvonne looked at Jackson who was giving her an understanding smile, hoping to comfort her in at least some way.

"It'll be okay," Jackson was sitting down next to the female hoping she had answers soon to the questions that were going through her head at the moment. "I have your back."

Yvonne leaned her head, on both of her hands. Sniffing before wiping away a tear that rolled down her cheek.

"I am always the person that comforts others, but who is doing all that for me?"Asked Yvonne, tapping her fingers on the table, repeatedly. "No one, Jackson."

"Thanks?" Jackson lay a hand on his heart acting offended which made Yvonne slightly crack a smile. "I'll be your person when you want me to?"

Taking a hold of her hands, he smiled at the blonde female. Wanting her to know she could always tell everything to him no matter what the consequences were.

"If I need someone to be my person it will be you, promise" Yvonne squeezed his hand one more time before she got up from the chair and walked towards her father's room.

Meredith was simply glancing at their father as Lexie noticed their other sister and pulled Yvonne in for a hug.

"Thank god you're here." Yvonne felt Lexie's tears on her shoulder as she rubbed her back comfortingly. "I don't know what's wrong?"

"Lex, it's okay." She pulls out of the embrace and gives her father a stern look. "Where were you when it happened, dad?"

"Did you pick him up off the floor in a bar, Lexie? Maybe that's the clue.?" Meredith rolled her eyes as she tied her shoelaces.

"Why were you in a bar?" Yvonne looked at him, hands on her hips and her cheeks light pink with frustration. "Is it what I think it is?"

Thatcher his eyes widened, probably knowing what was going on in her head.

"Yvonne I'm not, I didn't dri-" he got interrupted by throwing up a dark liquid.

blood.

"Oh god, this isn't a good sign, Meredith page Bailey!"

But Meredith keeps staring, being in a discussion with herself.

"Seriously? Lexie, page her please?" Lexie nodded her head at her older sister before grabbing her pager.