〘042〙

"Marls, no, no we're not gonna do that.." Yvonne tried her best to open her daughter's hand that was grabbing her blond locks. "You're unbelievable.."

She looked into her daughter's eyes, before leaning down, blowing raspberries on the girl's belly, hearing a few giggles in the room.

"And now you're all smiley, huh?" Yvonne laughed, repeating her actions before she heard someone clear their throat, making her turn her head. "Oh, look who's that? Uncle Alex, yeah it is."

Alex walked over to the two of them, placing a black box on the table, crouching down next to Marley as he covered his eyes with his hands before removing them. "Peek-a-boo."

Marley let out a loud giggle, putting her little fist in her mouth, her blue eyes looking at Alex.

"Come here, little Avery." Alex took a hold of Marley, pulling out a chair, sitting down next to Yvonne, tapping the box he placed on the table.

"This uh- this is for you." He spoke, shoving it in Yvonne's direction, giving her a sad smile. "Just open it please?"

Yvonne frowned at the black box, slowly undoing the strings wrapped around it. "What is it, you're not going to tell me?"

"Just open it, you'll see," Alex answered, watching her undo the box's lid. "Mark wanted you to have it."

Yvonne covered her mouth, not knowing what to say as she took the stethoscope out of the box, holding it close to her chest. "He did?"

Alex nodded his head, letting Marley play with the watch around his wrist. 

"He told me to give it to you, and uh- to be twice the godfather Marley deserves, so I'm going to do my best and make the best of it, promise."

Yvonne smiled getting up from her chair and wrapping her arms around Alex's shoulders. "Thank you."

"Hey Yvonne, I tried to get everything I can but these days they barely want to give information about unsolved cases and ra-" Arizona's sentence got cut off when she noticed Alex sitting next to Yvonne at the table. "Oh"

Arizona awkwardly smiled at Alex as she placed a few documents in Yvonne's hands, before leaning down to her ear. "This is all they've found, but finding his identity will be a tough one."

Yvonne nodded her head before smiling at Arizona, placing the papers on the table, and holding her hands out towards Marley while Arizona left again.

"That wasn't weird at all but what are these?" Alex furrowed his eyebrows nodding his head towards the papers laying on the table. "You can tell me, you know that right?"

Yvonne cleared her throat, running her hand over Marley's head. "Just something I have to sort out, nothing special."

"Just tell me if you need anything, I made a promise, can't break it now, right?" Alex winked at Yvonne, chuckling together with her before another blonde stepped into the view.

"Where is my little adorable and sweetest girl?" Meredith cooed, playfully dancing her way over to the little girl taking her from Yvonne, and kissing the baby's cheek, softly embracing her.

 "God, Marley your hugs are seriously the best remedy to release stress after surgery, huh?"

Alex smiled at Yvonne, pointing at the door before he left.

Meredith placed Marley's head on her shoulder while swaying from left to right, humming softly, noticing Yvonne looking through a few papers. "What are those documents?"

Yvonne stopped her actions, looking up at Meredith, patting the chair next to her, putting the papers in her purse, and folding her hands while her sister sat down next to her. "I need to tell you something."

Meredith sighed, looking at her sister. "What did he do? Do you need me to hunt Avery down?"

Yvonne shook her head.

"Alex?" Meredith asked.

Yvonne shook her head again at Meredith's guess.

"Ca-"

"Meredith, stop, what I'm trying to say is that the-"

The door opened as Jackson walked in, taking Marley from Meredith, realizing Yvonne stopped talking 

"You okay?"

Meredith looked back and forth between the two of them, furrowing her eyebrows, and placing her hands in her lap. "What were you going to say?"

"No, it's okay, it can wait." The blonde shrugged, running a hand through her hair.

"You know what? Let me look after Marley tonight. I'm already finished and Derek's gonna love to have her over for tonight, so will I." Meredith smiled at Jackson and Yvonne, folding her hands in a pleading way.

"I don't know, Meredith.." Jackson mumbled, cradling Marley's head as she was reaching out to Meredith.

"No, it's okay, if you're up for it, you can," Yvonne spoke, getting up and rubbing Marley's cheek, kissing her forehead, and holding her small hand. "It's just for one day."

"One day too much in my opinion." He mumbled, letting Meredith take Marley from his arms.

"Avery, cheer up buttercup, say, bye mommy, bye daddy," Meredith spoke, waving Marley's little hand. "Bye-bye."

Yvonne smiled as Meredith walked out of the room with their daughter, waving from behind the window, she sighed, crossing her arms over her chest. "There she goes."

"Sadly.." Jackson muttered, taking a sponge to undo his name from the name board filled with planned surgeries. "How am I even going to sleep tonight? No cries waking me up tonight? Not having to nudge you in the side because she's hungry?"

Yvonne chuckled, closing the blinds before she walked closer to Jackson, taking the sponge from his hand and placing it on the counter, placing her hand on the side of his face, smiling. "She's with Mer, she's going to be just fine."

"You're very sure of that? Because I alre-"

Yvonne cut him off, placing her lips on his, tilting her head to the left, pushing the lab coat off his shoulders, smiling against his lips, and moving her hand to the back of his head.

"Jump."

Yvonne wrapped her legs around his waist, sitting down on the counter, pulling on the bottom of his scrub shirt, she pulled it over his head, knowing if someone came in at this point, she wouldn't even care.