〘040〙

Pushing the stroller back and forth in the hallway, Yvonne's head turned when she heard the noise of a door opening up, noticing Meredith walking through by herself and bandaged around her leg

"Are you okay?" Yvonne frowned as she walked up to Meredith and took her into an embrace, before feeling hot tears on her shoulder. "Mer, are you crying, where's everyone, and why are you bandaged?"

Meredith pulled back from the hug, ignoring Yvonne's question as she slowly walked over to the stroller, pulling back the small pink blanket that covered the little girl, making her slightly sob. "She's so beautiful, I'm so happy you're all safe, I am."

"Meredith, where's Lexie, Mark, Arizona, Derek Christina...?" Yvonne asked once again, placing her hand on the stroller. "And why the bandage?"

"Can we talk about this in a room with four walls and not every nurse listening to what I'm saying? I've been out there, being scared, hungry, and cold, Yvonne. The last thing I need is a random nurse eavesdropping on my conversation." Meredith snapped before turning her back and walking towards the locker room. "Come on"

Pushing the stroller forward, Yvonne followed the older sister, closing the door behind her, before Marley started to cry, which made Yvonne take her out of the stroller.

"Can I hold her?" Meredith held out her hands, shaking slightly as she stared at the 2 week old.

"Sure, there you go." Yvonne carefully placed the girl into her sister's arms with a soft smile. "Can you tell me where everyone is and why there's a bandage around your leg"

"Everything went well, we all boarded the plane, but on the way to Boise, our plane suffered mechanical failure and crashed." Meredith sighed, rubbing Marley's cheek. "I woke up with a piece of metal in my leg. I pulled it out and tied fabric around my leg"

"Crashed? Is everyone okay? Meredith?" Yvonne fiddled with the pink blanket, looking at her sister. "Can you please tell me?"

"Christina had a dislocated shoulder, Mark reduced it for her, and then uh...Arizona was beside the plane screaming her lungs out until Cristina yelled at her to shut it. So she stopped screaming, and we heard a banging sound so we followed it to see Lexie...trapped under a large section of the plane."

"No..no, Mer, please, no.." Yvonne shook her head, leaning her elbows on the table with her hands in her hair. "Don't say what I think you're gonna say."

Meredith kissed Marley's forehead, sadly smiling down at the newborn. "Mark attempted to lift the plane to help her, but she Uhm, she knew she was dying. After I left to go look for Derek, Cristina went back to the plane... and...Lexie died."

Yvonne shook her head at the other blonde, trying to hold back her tears but failing after a few minutes, letting the tears roll down her face, sobbing aloud. "No, no, please no, not again, all of you should've stayed here, with me, with all of us,

"After Lexie passed away, Mark became unresponsive. Cristina examined his chest to find some major bruises. She realized that he had a cardiac tamponade, fluid surrounding his heart. I used a tube from a bottle to drain the fluid." Meredith passed Marley back to Yvonne, rubbing the baby's head with a sigh. "He got airlifted to Idaho, then sedated and moved here."

"So I can see him?" Yvonne tilted her head to the side, receiving a nod from Meredith.

"You won't need help with the stroller?" Meredith pointed at the stroller while Yvonne got up from the chair.

"No, I'll be good, you need to rest and make sure you're okay, I've lost my sister, that's a fact, but I need this little one to be able and look up to someone just like I did, and I need it to be you, Mer." Yvonne pursed her lips, pushing the stroller into the elevator, and adjusting Marley's dress.

Pressing the button, the blonde woman waited for the doors to close and move upward before they'd come to a halt and open up once more, making her push the stroller forward with her daughter laying down in her other arm.

"Eve?" The grey-haired man covered his mouth with both of his hands before reaching them out towards the small human in Yvonne's arm. "I knew I left that hospital bag behind with a reason, Uncle Mark's duty starts now, come here you."

"I guess she really couldn't wait any longer." Yvonne chuckled, placing Marley in Mark's arms as the man let a tear roll down his cheek which made her lean her head on his. "Hey, it's alright, let it out."

Mark snorted, rubbing the blond strands on the newborn's head "She's so...so precious, so special, you did a good job and so did Avery, but you get the point."

"She would've loved this," Yvonne mumbled, folding her hands together, and sitting down on the hospital bed. "She was the person I picked as godmother, and you as godfather, so now you know."

"She's always with you, and she'll always be guarding over this little princess, you don't get to worry, Eve." Mark winked at Yvonne, placing his finger into Marley"s small palm, making her wrap her fingers around it. "Already attached to Uncle Mark, see that?"

"Mark that one chart is sti- oh I didn't know you were here?" Jackson frowned at the doorframe before he walked in and kissed the back of Yvonne's head, noticing his daughter in Mark's arms. "She's addictive, isn't she?"

"That she is, or maybe it's just the baby smell or both." Mark smiled, raising an eyebrow when Marley firmed her grip on Mark's finger. "I'm not going anywhere."

"I'm gonna get a coffee, you two need anything?" Yvonne got up from the bed, grabbed her purse, staring at the two men.

"No, we're good, go on." Mark quickly spoke, giving her a short wave.

"What was that for?" Jackson frowned, softly taking his daughter from the other plastic surgeon.

"Look, Jackson, I don't often call you that so, I want you to promise me something because I know that I don't have long left, I noticed that speech in your lab coat, and the small box in your locker, If you want to marry her, then do it. Even if you're scared that she's gonna say no or back out from it. Even if you're scared that it's too soon. Even if you're scared it won't last forever. You ask her and go down on your goddamn knee in front of everyone. When I'm gone, you and Meredith are the major support for her, so don't fuck it up, because we as the Plastic Posse, don't fuck things up."