〘013〙

Sitting at the round white table in the break room

The table was slightly covered with scans of a big brain tumor, the blonde girl was focusing, enjoying the silence at the moment, her hair was done in a lazy updo.

Derek offered to help and look together at the scans but Yvonne wanted to do this one all alone, wanting to prove that she definitely could do this on her own for once.

Thinking about a way to help this patient Yvonne's thoughts were ruined by the ginger trauma surgeon that walked in. "Am bothering?"

"Owen, no, of course, you're not." The blonde shook her head as a toothy smile covered her face at the man. "I asked Richard for some thinking work and here I am."

"You asked him, and why's that?" Owen closed the door behind him while frowning at the girl wondering why she would want to be thinking instead of doing surgery. "You're an amazing surgeon?"

"I know but I'm seeing a psychologist today." Yvonne her eyes widened as those words left her mouth, knowing that it may sound weird. "Because I want to learn more about psychology."

"Psychology?" Owen blinked his eyes, being slightly shocked that the girl found this new specialty satisfying. "That's quite something you know that right?"

"Yeah, I know." Yvonne gathered her scans before getting up from her chair and grabbing her scans and handbag. "But I can do it, I'm sorry but I have to go."

"No don't apologize." Owen waved his hand dismissively but the woman smiled in response before taking her glasses out of her handbag and putting them on. "Go and learn psychology."

"Yes, sir." Yvonne saluted the man as she got a laugh in response from Owen before closing the door behind her.

...

Knocking on the dark door Yvonne waited before a woman in her 40s opened the door with an inviting smile.

"Yvonne Grey, right?" The woman questioned, shaking Yvonne's hand before the girl herself nodded. "I'm Valerie Johnson but you can call me Val."

"Nice to meet you please call me Eve." Yvonne gave the woman a shy nod as she walked into the room. "you have a beautiful building"

Yvonne looked around the room while Valerie was watching her.

"Thank you but I'm here to help you." Valerie put a hand lightly on Yvonne's shoulder as she came to stand next to her and gave her a supportive expression in the hope that she realized she wasn't alone. "Just be yourself, follow me."