〘009〙

Sitting at the table in the cafeteria Yvonne's head was filled with thoughts about the dream she got a few days ago

Her daughter meant everything thing to her.

 From the moment she lay on her chest and felt her daughter's warm skin against her own until she felt the small creature's skin turn cold and her tiny hands stopped moving.

But the thing that she was most embarrassed about was who the father of her baby was and how much emotional pain it had caused her.

"Eve, are you alright?" Blinking her eyes she looked at Jackson who was now laughing at her bewildered face. "You were kind of in your own world?"

"Just thinking, like always." she snorted, taking her bottle of water before taking a gulp. "That's what I always do even if it isn't necessary."

"Why can't you tell me what's wrong?" Jackson frowned, feeling like she didn't trust him enough with the two secrets that bruised her life for a big part. "Don't you know that you can trust me?"

"Of course I do." Yvonne her eyes widened as she shrugged her shoulders, getting up from her chair.  "Of course, I know that."

"But?" Getting up from his chair and walking over to her feeling the need to know what was wrong so that he could help her and get her through all the pain she had. "Can I at least be there for you?"

"Jackson, please-"

"DOCTOR GREY!" 

Both of them turned around as they saw Reed standing at a distance with flushed cheeks. "Although you are very mean to me, your sister asked me to search for you, you're needed at the ambulance bay."

"Meredith?" Reed nodded her head

"Let me go with you." Stated Jackson, taking his lab coat off the chair.

"No, I'll be alright, Reed won't hurt me." Assured Yvonne, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Right?"

"At least not for now." Mumbled Reed, impatiently tapping her foot against the floor. "Are you two almost done?"

"Yeah, let's get going." Suggested the Grey sister after saying goodbye to Jackson.

As she and Reed were walking down the hall the redhead smirked at Yvonne.

"So you and Jackson?" Challenged Reed, opening the double doors before both of them walked through.

"What about it?" Wondered Yvonne, as she stopped in the hallway. "I can't have an 'i'm sorry for avoiding you' lunch with my person?"