〘041〙

"Take me back to the time that my son was this quiet," Miranda mumbled, placing her finger in Marley's hand as the little girl lay in her arms

"Well, then I definitely won't page you when she's hungry." Yvonne chuckled while reading Mark's chart. "Unless you're up for a lot of crying?"

"Yeah, count me out, Grey, I'd rather admire this girl, than a crying show, we don't want to hear that, would we." Miranda cooed, noticing Marley's blue eyes closing. "There you go."

Yvonne's head turned in Bailey's direction noticing her daughter had fallen asleep in Miranda's arms, smiling softly at the two. "You- You're good, I got to give you that."

The dark-skinned woman laughed quietly, giving Marley back to Yvonne, taking the chart in her hands, and sighing deeply as she already picked up on what Yvonne was trying to do.

"Yvonne, we've already been over this, there's nothing we can do but wait, even that seems useless, but there's nothing else to do, he's been in there for three and a half weeks, and not a thing has changed the situation," Bailey spoke, placing the chart back on the table in front of Yvonne. "I'm sorry, I just needed to say that."

Yvonne fiddled with the hem of Marley's shirt, biting her bottom lip in sadness. "It's just—, he—, he's the one that was always there for me, besides my sisters and before I even met Jackson, he was that guy, and this girl, in my arms, I want to know who her mom's hero was, I want her to be able and have the silliest moments with Mark, and I don't want to take that away from him."

"You probably think I'm insane for even trying to save him." Yvonne sighed, trying to blink her tears away.

"You are NOT insane, for wanting your daughter to meet her godfather or saving Mark, you're not, you hear me?" Miranda placed her hand on top of Yvonne's before opening the door and leaving.

"Eve!"

Stopping in her steps she turned around and saw Mark Sloan running towards her.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked coat in his hand. "Something out of the blue?"

"Yeah, sure." She replied, looking at the man in front of her. "Go ahead."

"Are you falling in love with Avery?"

"In love?!" Mark raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Mark I have only known him for a few days."