〘011〙

Yvonne walked into the hospital and caught a view of Meredith talking with a nurse

As Meredith looked up she motioned for Yvonne to walk over to her.

"We've been searching everywhere for you?" Mentioned Meredith "The rest is in the skills lab come on."

"I overslept I'm sorry." The younger sister followed Meredith towards the skills lab as she saw Alex and Christina talking.

"Hey, blondie where were you?" Joked Alex throwing an apple at her hands as she took a bite of it. "We missed you."

"Okay, I get it, I overslept ?" Tried Yvonne looking at her three friends in the hope they would buy it. "I'm sorry."

"This job is exhausting so if she takes some extra sleep she doesn't need to apologize?" Meddled Izzie, walking through the door with her lunch which made Alex and Meredith frown at her. "What? My PET scan got pushed back."

Alex and Meredith nodded as Christina started talking about a dilemma. "Eve what would you choose love or surgery?"

"Is that a real question?" Laughed Yvonne, putting her apple to the side as she frowned at her black-haired friend.

"Yes, so answer it?" Shrugged Christina, tapping her fingers on the table. "It's not that hard is it?"

"No offense but I'd choose love." Answered Yvonne getting glances from all over the room. "One person, loving you day in and out means more than a job, no?"

And then Jackson walked in just glancing at Yvonne before sitting down next to Meredith.

"Yeah, I agree with Yvonne." Interrupted Izzie, setting down her lunch next to Yvonne. "If you lose your job, you can always get another one, but if you start losing your love, suddenly nothing else matters,"

"It's love that comes and goes, surgery doesn't." Remarked Alex, glaring at Izzie. "And you would know."

"You didn't ask my opinion?" Jackson commented, looking at Christina who raised an eyebrow at him. "I haven't shared my choice?"

"Okay quick question why is he here?" Snarked Christina, watching Meredith. "Nobody cares, Avery."

"Back to the dilemma it was good" Yvonne whispered to Christina as Jackson just let out a quiet 'okay'.

"He wanted to be in here as well, maybe he'll learn something?" Mumbled Meredith, trying to stitch up the corpse. "Or maybe he won't."

Jackson smirked at Christina her frustrated face as she shook her head at her best friend.

"Well, Evil Spawn and I have some surgeries to take care of but I think your sister, Izzie and pretty boy over there will keep you company?" Joked Christina, pointing at Jackson that was biting the top of his pen while staring at Yvonne her focused face.

Meredith frowned as Christina walked out but then she looked to her right and saw Jackson looking at her sister. "Eyes off my sister and more on the corpse please?"

"Do I have to?" He let out an awkward cough before scratching the back of his neck. "I mean yeah I'm sorry it's not what you think."

"That's what they all say.." Meredith just snorted as she glanced up at Yvonne. "Isn't it?"

"Huh, what? I wasn't listening?" Yvonne snapped out of her gaze, looking at Jackson that just huffed and shook his head before getting up and walking out of the room.

"Okay, I guess I'm gonna go and stitch people up?"

"What is going on between you two?" Questioned Meredith while disinfecting the corpse as she was done with stitching. "Is he in love with you or something?"

Yvonne just kept silent and Meredith dropped her surgical instruments on the table as she lay her hands on top of it.

"So Jackson is in love with you?" Yvonne nodded at Meredith her question but just kept looking at the stitched-up corpse. "Are you sad because of that?"

"I'm not sad of course I'm not!" She shook her head at Meredith letting out a small sigh before looking up. "I'm even honored that a guy like him would even like me."

"A guy like him?" Meredith frowned as she threw her hand gloves in the trash bin, leaning against the wall next to her sister. "What's so special about him?"

"I don't know it's like everything falls into place when I'm around him." Yvonne shrugged her shoulders at her sister as a small tear slid down her rosy cheek. "But somewhere I'm scared."

"Yvonne don't give me that crap." Scoffed Meredith, rolling her eyes before kissing the top of Yvonne's head. "You and Lexie mean so much to me and the only thing I want for you both is to be happy. And she was happy with Mark but soon they'll get back together because those two are meant to be."

"What does that have to with me and Jackson?" Blurted Yvonne, fiddling with her name badge on her coat. "I'm just going to live my life with or without Jackson because I don't want to get hurt again, Mer."

"Yvonne Grey, it wouldn't be love if you didn't get hurt." Scolded Meredith, taking her sister's hands away from her badge to make the girl look at her. "Trust me."

"I trust you Meredith, but I don't trust myself." Explained Yvonne. "Once in my life happiness was always inside me, but now, it takes a minute to find me again"

"Then find your happiness and be you again." Confessed Meredith, giving Yvonne a sad smile as she lay her head on Yvonne's shoulder. "I'm always here for you."

"I love you, Meredith"

"I love you too, Eve."