〘012〙

Yvonne's head was barely empty these days

Thoughts about her friendship with Jackson, regret about her secrets and especially being in a fight with her own emotions.

Did she regret what almost happened? 

Somewhere though deep in herself, she knew that Ellis always wanted her to find happiness and love.

And Yvonne knew she would get that chance someday. But she had never dared to think of the moment she would have ​​lost a daughter and be emotionally ruined.

She had a secret talent and that was playing the piano. 

She came to rest when she did, just Meredith or no one else knew Yvonne had it in her the girl was too shy to share that talent.

Sometimes she just wrote random melodies on paper and she would do her own thing with them, she would just hope that it would be worth something and locate herself in it.

Her fingers were on the piano keys, eyes on her notes and before she knew it she was in her own space.

She closed her eyes and let her guide with her fingertips, and her ears were filled with a soft melody that relaxed her.

Not hearing that her door opened she felt a soft breeze gliding past her neck that wasn't covered because of her blonde hair laying on her left shoulder.

Alex looked through the small crack of the door and smiled at the female as he quietly walked into the room and sat down next to Yvonne gazing at the girl while her eyes were closed.

He had to keep himself together trying not to ruin the moment. 

But he couldn't help himself so he pressed a random key and Yvonne opened her eyes, lips slightly parted.

"You're pretty talented you know that?" Alex bumped her shoulder as he smiled at her, pressing some random piano keys. "Meredith needs you downstairs by the way."

"Well, I'm kinda busy here?" Yvonne took his hand off the piano as she started to play again. "Give her tequila, talk to her and she'll calm down."

Alex snorted while shaking his head. Trying to find another excuse because he knew Meredith and he wanted to have a talk with Yvonne about Jackson asking for her all around the hospital.

"No, I think she would prefer her sister." Alex pursed his lips glancing at the blonde woman standing next to him. "Don't do this right now?"

"Maybe I will." The Grey sister, playfully winked at Alex as she gathered her papers where melodies were written on. "Maybe I definitely will."

"Blondie, you give me no choice." Alex deeply sighed and glared at Yvonne as he walked towards her and threw the woman over his shoulder the girl her papers flew around in her room but Alex walked out the door with the blonde over his shoulder. "Unbelievable."

"That talk that you wanted to have."  he walked into the kitchen he saw Meredith searching through the cabinets. "Better be worth it."

"You're an ass." Yvonne pulled her hair away from her face as a glare followed Alex. "Screw you."

"Could you at least try to be nice?" Alex shrugged his shoulders gazing at the small blonde female that was now red in her face from being carried down the stairs. "I would appreciate that."

"You're still breathing, that's me being nice, Alex."

"Stop bickering, sit down," Meredith asked just as Yvonne walked over to a kitchen chair getting a look from Alex. "It's kind of a clearing talk about the last days."

"I'm just worried." Meredith handed Alex and her sister a cup of coffee, while the blonde wrapped her hands around her cup. "And so is Alex."

"Damn right." Alex coughed, sipping his coffee before Meredith nodded her head at him. "See?"

"Are you taking his side against me?" Yvonne scoffed as she scratched the back of her hand before pointing at Alex. "Does he have to be here?"

"Yvonne please, at the hospital there's someone that wonders where you've been." Meredith sat down across from her sister and she sighed deeply. "Jackson Avery?"

"Wondering where she is?" Alex sat down next to Meredith slightly laughing but stopped as soon as Yvonne raised an eyebrow. "More like wanting her."

"I don't care if he misses or wants me." Yvonne placed her cup on the table crossing her arms as both of them stared at her. "I don't want this conversation."

"Please Yvonne, don't shut us out." Meredith laid her hand over her sister's. "But listen."

"I just want to go to sleep."

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Alex pointed to the chair next to her. "You don't do you?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I do." Yvonne gave him a fake smile before glaring at Meredith. "You got me into this."

"...okay?" Alex, strolled over to Meredith her side as he leaned back against the counter. "That was not nice."

"Meredith just get it over with please?" Yvonne looked at the two surgeons in front of her.

"Why does Jackson ask for you all around the hospital?" Replied Meredith, as Alex turned around and held in a laugh. "Don't laugh."

"Around the hospital?" Teased Alex, winking at Yvonne before she bit the side of her cheek.

"I have no idea." the younger sister fiddled with her fingers. "I mean it's not like he talks about me..."

"Are you kidding me?" Snapped Alex, frowning as he leaned down on the table leaning on his hands. "That man won't stop talking about you, and you're blind because he's in love with you!"

"He is?" Yvonne her breath got caught in her throat as she gazed at Meredith that was now awkwardly looking between her two friends. "Meredith?"

"I mean he's not lying." Verified Meredith, shrugging her shoulders. "He really likes you."

"I told him that I wanted to get in your pants and then he got red in the face which meant that he is the one that wants to get in your pants." Alex received a smack on the back of his head from Meredith.

"Why are you such a pig?" Grumbled Yvonne, shaking her head in hope that he would not do such a thing but the fact that he was Alex Karev didn't give her much hope anyway. "You are such a disgusting creature."

"And you also know my nickname." Alex eyed Meredith that was now hoping he would stop embarrassing himself.

"I do and I also know that you two are the only persons that make this place feel like home to me." Answered Yvonne, staring at Meredith and Alex.