〘019〙

Play the song if you want to cry your guts out like I did x

"She's coding!" The Asian Cardio surgeon yelled in panic when folding her hands that were giving CPR when she was on top of the gurney that Lexie was pushing down the hall with Mark

"I-I can't d-do this?" Lexie stammered sniffing her nose that was red from crying, in hope that her sister would fight for survival. "S-she can't d-die Christina.."

"I won't let her." Christina gave Lexie a promising nod as the gurney was pushed into the E.R where lights were already burning, ready to save a life.

"Bullet next to heart, left side, quite a lot of blood loss so a blood transfusion will be needed also I don't see any exit wound which makes it obvious to perform surgery, I don't want any of you helping me, I've never had the chance to do anything for her so I'm doing this...alone." Christina rambled tying her face mask on the back before scrubbing her hands when she saw Mark giving her a frown. 

"I'm saving her life."

"What? You were busy hiding behind a desk so the last person I want to help me is you." Christina spat in anger when pushing past him towards Yvonne that was hooked on a blood transfusion and a heartbeat monitor.

Taking a deep breath her hand reached for the surgical instrument that was going to start everything.

Scalpel.

Controlling the vitals of the blonde female the scalpel made its entrance as blood carefully showed itself to the outside just as the cardio surgeon was fast enough to hold it back.

"Gonna have to be faster," Christina muttered putting a clamp into place to get any sight of the bullet. "For god's sake."

"Maybe you have to cut away a little bit of skin which will give you space to move around with the clamp, and give you a vision and find the bullet," Mark explained with a shrug of his shoulders when Christina blinked.

"Can't I just think? I was just about to do that." Christina mumbled meanwhile taking a hold of the surgical scissors that took away some skin when she saw Lexie with her head in both of her hands.

"I-I should've been the one that got shot." Lexie shook her head got up from the chair as she wrapped her arms around herself and walked up to the big window that held her away from her sister. "She was so happy..."

Mark gazed at the female that cared more about her sister than about her well-being. "We all know what made her that happy."

Lexie nodded when turning around and pursing her lips when she wiped away the tears that were settled underneath her eyes. "He's going to freak out when he finds out, I'm going to find Meredith."

Mark nodded when Christina was holding the bullet between her tweezer.

.

Opening the door that led to the break room Meredith stormed over to Lexie eager to know how her sister was doing and if she was going to be okay.

"Please tell me she's going to make it." Meredith pleaded to search for an answer in Lexie's eyes. "Lexie?"

The younger Grey nodded with a relieved face. "Christina is performing surgery on her right now, everything looks good."

"Thank god," Meredith answered with a relieved smile. "Does- does Jackson know?"

Lexie bit her tongue, as she was the one who didn't have any idea how to tell the man that was so in love with her sister about what happened. "I was thinking you could tell Jackson?"

"Why me?" Meredith asked with a tone of rejection. "You saw Christina operating, not me?"

"You're the oldest and since Molly isn't here you'll have to do it," Lexie mumbles grabbing Meredith's cup of coffee.

"Lex, that guy is head over heels and you want me to say. 'hey Jackson my sister just got shot'?" Meredith sighed when Lexie gave her a pleading face with vowed hands. "I'll find him."

Exiting the room in the hope to find Jackson she saw the S.W.A.T team taking Gary Clark away but she wasn't going to leave it at that. "Wait!"

The two men watched behind them when coming to a halt in confusion and impatience. "What's wrong ma'am?

"Did you seriously ask me what's wrong? This brainwashed man couldn't accept the professional information my sister gave him so the only way he saw was to shoot her. Listen there was no way we could save her, don't you get that? Yvonne looked after her day after day but you don't remember that don't you? The only thing you remember is that bullet of your gun that was pierced through my sister's chest. Take him away."

Meredith pointed towards the exit while she gave him one last glare filled with anger, sadness, and disappointment.

"Kepner!" Meredith yelled catching a glimpse of the girl that was shaking in her own body together with two eyes and smudged mascara. "Have you seen Jackson somewhere?"

April just blinked and nodded before pointing at the supply closet. "There."

Meredith pursed her lips when she quietly thanked her before walking towards the door, knocking quietly.

Opening the door, she saw Jackson sitting against the wall staring straight forward until he noticed her walking in.

"Doctor Grey?"

"You're dating my sister so Meredith is okay." Meredith smiled, feeling anxious and sick when she remembered what she had to tell him. "I need you to stay calm about what I'm gonna tell you okay?"

Jackson frowned his eyebrows while getting up from the floor when he saw Meredith's fragile state. "What are you saying?"

Meredith gazed up to the ceiling with the hope that the tears would sink back. "Yvonne."

Jackson shook his head, staring down at the blonde surgeon with eyes that were thinking the worst. "No, no don't continue."

"She got shot I'm so sorry she's in surgery but she'll be okay...she's a fighter, Jackson..." Meredith whispered when the Mercy Wester was leaning against a closet, crying in anxiety.

Not knowing what to do the Grey sister walked up to her sister's boyfriend to pull him in for an embrace that was supposed to give strength, hope, and the feeling of not being alone.