dissolve

The next five days at Remus's seemed to fly by in a blur of hometown tours, midnight snacks, passionate kisses, and lots of laughter

The next five days at Remus's seemed to fly by in a blur of hometown tours, midnight snacks, passionate kisses, and lots of laughter. Before I knew it, I was standing by the fireplace with Remus's parents, getting ready to travel to James's for the remainder of the break.

"It was so lovely to meet you," Mrs. Lupin said, pulling me into another one of her bear hugs. "Thank you for taking care of my baby," she whispered. "I haven't ever seen him this happy."

Her words both warmed my heart and broke it, thinking of all that Remus had been through.

"Of course," I said. "Thank you for raising someone equally as kind and compassionate as you are."

"Sydney," Mr. Lupin's sharp voice cut in. "We'll be seeing you around, I'm sure?"

"I sure hope so," I said with a smile. "You still have to show me those woods where you saved Mrs. Lupin's life."

"From a harmless boggart," Mrs. Lupin laughed. "And I've told you, you should call me Hope!"

"You didn't know it was harmless," Mr. Lupin stated humorously, kissing his wife on the top of her head.

"Alright, we better be off," Remus's voice decided, returning to the living room with the rest of his things. "Bye Mum, bye Dad," he said as he embraced each of them.

"We'll see you for Easter?"

"Yes, of course. Syd too, she's practically homeless," the brown haired boy laughed.

"Remus John!"

"What? It's true!"

"I'll only come back for you, Mrs. Lupin," I teased, looking to Remus's mom.

"Hope," she corrected.

Travelling by floo powder was far less traumatizing than Apparating. It was sort of like going down a big drop on a rollercoaster, or slipping down a tube slide, only much faster and much dustier.

I was shot out of the Potter's fireplace behind Remus, sliding across their hardwood floor and bumping into Remus on the other side of the living room.

"Moony! Squid!" James's voice cheered, jumping off of the couch. "Are you alright, Syd?"

I was, in fact, not. My throat was seemingly stuffed with the glittery powder, and I could not stop coughing it out. Remus, who was annoyingly okay, patted my back a few times until I could breathe again.

"Thanks," I choked out, taking his hand and getting to my feet.

Only, as soon as I was up, I was down again, the wind being knocked right back out of me by the three boys who I had been apart from for barely a week.

"We missed you!" Cried Peter. "Did you like the mug?"

"Forget the mug! How banger are the Stones?"