Chapter 1

Kanth Manor - the majestic three-storied villa belonging to Chandrakanth Malhotra, CEO of Jagannath Group of Companies bid adieu to the last of their guests at about 11.30 pm on sunday night. After seeing their guests off, the family members were ready to retire to their rooms and call it a week.

"Joseph"

Chandrkanth spoke through the intercom to his guard.

"make sure all the catering staff leave the premises in half an hour. You have the name list and their id's. The decorators will be here tomorrow morning by nine to clear their stuff. Check on the back gate, too."

He lifted his head to his son and daughter-in-law seated across from him.

"Sneha beta, hope the party has not got you tired"

His eyebrows creased in concern, after all, it's his daughter-in-law.

"No Dad! I'm fine, anyway mumma doesn't let me do much, I'm always rested and relaxed. She is spoiling me".

Padmini had earlier coaxed her pregnant daughter-in-law to move to the bedroom downstairs so that she wouldn't have to climb stairs frequently.

"She is right, can't deny that. Ok Paarth take her upstairs she needs to rest. And yes, I have asked our architect to come in tomorrow we can make minor adjustments in the ground floor bedroom so that you both can move in. Good night and take care!"

"Good night pappa!"
His son Paarth and daughter-in-law Sneha chimed together as they walked upstairs.

Chandrakanth had thrown this party to celebrate two occasions, his daughter-in-law was expecting the first grandchild of the Malhotra family and his daughter Aparna was to be engaged soon. It was a party only for the next of kin. The engagement was about a week away and the wedding in a month.

His future son-in-law, Samar Khurana's father, a celebrity chef owned a chain of fine dining restaurants across India and they were opening one in Dubai soon. That's where Samar and Aparna will be moving after the wedding, to manage the Dubai restaurant.

Aparna and Samar met at University in Pennsylvania and fell in love. Chandrakanth was more than happy about this alliance because his daughter chose well.

'Unlike me!' - the thought crossed his mind involuntarily when he saw his wife Padmini move around the house. Draped in simple yet elegant sky blue Benares silk saree and instructing the house help to clean up and put the house back in order and functioning. Padmini, was bestowed with beauty and elegance by birth, despite being born in a lower-middle-class family.

"Chandra please go sleep, you need to rest. I'll manage the staff here. You have been traveling all week as such. And you need to wake up early tomorrow too for your meeting".