Chapter 14

How did Padmini leave the mansion that was surrounded by tight security and CCTV surveilance?

How did she go to the temple on foot, when there were two cars with dedicated drivers, available at all times?

Why was there no communication from any of the domestic staff about her disappearance for three days? 

Sounds like a lapse from all of the staff or a weak watery plot. Does it?

The domestic staff were questioned by the team of detectives individually in various methods, for hours. It led them to one definite conclusion, Padmini had carefully planned everything to the last detail and she had someone to help her.

A note was found that said she was going to the temple. The last thing the staff remember was having a breakfast cooked by Padmini herself. They were drugged.

The staff woke up from their stupor late night and panicked, but none of them were in a stable condition to move around until the next morning.

Siddhant was sure, it was no regular sleeping pill but something more potent. But no traces of the drug was found anywhere in the house. The left over food was discarded vessels cleaned. There were jammers placed in the vicinity of the mansion, so none of the communication devices worked. The surveillance cameras were jammed too, no loose ends.

The detective had updated Paarth last week on the interrogation of their staff, temple priest, taxi drivers at their street corner and every possible commoner on street in the locality. Padmini never went to the temple.

The report lay in a file by his side on the seat. He was too exhausted to read. He was sleepless with all the stress; work related and personal.

Padmini had sent a personal letter to all of them individually a few days back. She wrote that she was safe and happy with her aged parents, away from Chadrakanth and did not want to ever come back to him. She had not revealed the location, but promised to write every month. Except for Chandrakanth, none of them were convinced by this.

Paarth did not want another trouble on his overloaded plate but, he didn't have a choice, it came calling.

Mr. Bhatia had called him personally to meet him, he sunk in the car seat shutting his tired eyes, while the driver waded through the Delhi traffic to Bhatia's head office. He had practically dropped Sneha at the doorstep of her home after picking her from work and rushed out, it was their second anniversary and they were supposed to go out for dinner. 'Poor Sneha, she deserves to be happy, I have hardly met her in the past week.'

-----

"Paarth you know I'am a man of principles and morals." Mr.Bhatia was was a force to reckon with. No messing with him, he can wipe you out of the map of business world. Paarth was sweating inspite of being seated in the luxury of Bhatia's office. "Any news of your mother, son?"