8

My weekend was spent with Noah, like it was every week. We also hung out with everyone else and had a lot of fun together. But unfortunately it was time for work and school again.

  I didn't feel like going to school today, or work really either but I knew I had to. I just wanted to lay in bed all day and sleep.

  After deciding that I should get up I got ready and headed to class.

///

"You got taken into a dark alley by some random guy and you didn't tell us?" Luke scolded the second I walked up to him and Kendall in our classroom. I sent her a glare because obviously it was her. If they had found out earlier they would've called me, I knew she just said something right now. Because if she didn't I would've heard about it before myself class of the day.

"Kendall." I scolded and sat down in my usual desk.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I forgot he didn't know and I was talking about how nice of a guy Calum seemed and- I'm sorry." She rambled while I just sighed.

"What the fuck Brenna?" Luke said and gave me a look that said 'explain.'

"It's a long story and I would appreciate if it we didn't talk about it, or told Cole." I said and looked ahead at the board. That was until I saw Calum walk in from the corner of my eye. We made eye contact, and smiled at each other a bit before he walked over to his desk. That was new, which was good because then maybe work would be new too.

"I thought you said he was an asshole?" Luke asked and gave me a confused look.

"He's the one that helped her idiot." Kendall said and rolled her eyes.

"Why the fuck didn't you say anything?" He asked and looked back at me.

"Because I knew you'd freak out. It's nothing really, it happened and it's over with." I said and pulled out my stuff that I'd need for this class.

"It's not nothing. You could've died, or worse Brenna." He said angrily while I sighed.

"But I didn't." I said and ignored anything else he had to say because I didn't have the energy to argue about it.

///

After class ended I quickly went back home so I could get ready for work. I was actually excited to go to work today. I'm not sure why, but I just had this excited feeling in my chest.

When I got there I did what I always did when I showed up. I said hi to everyone and started taking customers.

Calum came in at the same time as he always did. He saw me and smiled a bit, and I did the same.

"Your usual I'm assuming?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"How was your weekend?" He asked which kind of struck me by surprise. Casual small talk was not something that me and him were familiar with.

"It was good, how was yours?" I asked and turned to give Carol his order before turning back to him.

"Boring, I worked all weekend so there wasn't much I could've done." He said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Where do you work?" I asked curiously.

"Just a little factory in the city." He said casually.

"Sounds like fun." I said sarcastically.

"It's definitely not I'll tell you that." He said with a chuckle and went to get his order after it was called.

  Whenever Calum got the chance to he'd playfully mock what I was doing, whatever it was. If I was wiping empty tables he'd mention that I missed a spot or didn't use enough cleaner or something. If I was sweeping a messy area he'd say I left a spot dirty. Literally anything. He stayed till the end of my shift like he did on Friday. I was kind of surprised but didn't mind it at all.

"Still here?" I asked as I took my apron off and hung it on the hook.

"I'm just gonna walk you to your car." He said and stood up from the table and waited for me to walk towards him.

"You don't have to do that you know." I said and looked at him as I walked towards the door and held it open for him.

"No but it would make me feel better, and probably you too." He said and shrugged his shoulders. I smiled at him and felt a weird feeling in my chest as he spoke. It was something I wasn't really used to, it was new but it wasn't a bad feeling at all.

"Thank you." I said and looked down at the ground as I walked.

"No problem." He said nonchalantly. The rest of the walk was filled with a comfortable silence.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said with a small smile and walked down the street in the other direction. I got in my car and immediately locked the doors, just in case. I went home feeling happy and excited for the next day, which was a bit unusual but I paid no mind to it.