59

"Brenna!" Noah yelled as he ran through the door of my hospital room.

"Shh bud she's sleeping." I said softly and brought my finger up to my lips.

"Where is she?" He asked eagerly.

"She's in here. You can look but be gentle." I said and pointed over to the little crib she was sleeping in.

"Does she do anything?" He asked as he went up on his tippy toes to look at her.

"Not much yet. She just sleeps, eats, cries, and poops." I said which forced a displeased look on his face.

"Why did you want one of these then?" He asked which made Calum roll over laughing.

"You'll understand when you're older." I said and couldn't help but laugh at him.

"She's beautiful Brenna." My nana said as her and my grandfather stood over her.

"What's her name?" My grandfather asked.

"Kora Joy Hood." I said and watched as they looked at her fondly.

"You can hold her if you want." I said and watched as my nana picked her up.

"Calum is your sister stopping by at all?" My grandfather asked and sat next to him.

"Yeah she said she's coming by to bring us dinner or something." He said as he looked at my nana holding Kora while Noah struggled to climb up on my bed.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" He asked and laid his head on my chest.

"I don't think so bud I'm sorry, but when I get home we can have a sleepover in my room and do whatever you want the whole day." I said and stroked his hair.

"When are you coming home?" He asked softly.

"Tomorrow evening." I said and watched my grandparents and Calum obsess over the baby.

"Can we get ice cream and watch Disney movies all day?" He asked and looked up at me.

"Yes we can." I said and kissed his forehead.

After a few hours my grandparents had to take Noah home. He was a little upset that he had to go but after a bit of bribing he cooperated. Mali ended up coming in a little while later with dinner for us.

"She's beautiful Brenna wow." Mali said as she held Kora in her arms.

"I helped too you know." Calum said with an eye roll.

"She did all the hard work, you just gave a little sperm and called it a day." She said sternly.

"What- I gave her foot rubs, and cooked her so much food, and dealt with her mood swings. I went through a lot too." He said which made me laugh a bit.

"She carried a nine pound baby and had to push her out of a very small hole. She did all the hard work." She said and walked around the room while holding Kora.

"8.7 pounds actually." Calum mumbled and held a defeated look on his face.

"Babe it's the same thing." I laughed and sat comfortably on my bed while I ate the food that Mali graciously brought us.

"You're adding three extra ounces." He complained.

"You're such a baby." I said and shook my head at him.

"What's her name?" Mali asked after a couple seconds.

"Kora Joy Hood." I said and watched her smile and her eyes water.

"Mali don't cry." Calum said with a slight eye roll.

"You shut up, and you give me a hug." She said and put Kora down before coming over to give me a hug.

"I'm so glad he's found you." She whispered and sniffled a little bit.

"Me too." I said and gently rubbed her back.

"I think you're being a bit dramatic." Calum said and picked up Kora from her crib.

"Calum you cried a bit too don't act like Mr. Tough Guy." I said which made him scrunch up his face in annoyance.

"You weren't supposed to tell anyone that." He said sternly while me and Mali laughed.

"It's okay to cry baby brother." Mali said and pinched his cheek.

"I didn't say it wasn't." He said and looked down at Kora.

"She looks a lot like you." Mali said and carefully held her hand on the back of Kora's head.

"She's gonna have all the boys falling for her." He said confide

"Except she won't because she's not allowed to date until she's 40." He said sternly not even two seconds later which made me scoff.

"She can date whenever she wants." I said and rolled my eyes at him.

"We'll see." He said but didn't seem too convinced.

"Don't be that dad. The more rules you have the less she'll want to be around." Mali said and wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

"He's just nuts. She can do whatever she wants as long as she's safe and not getting into trouble. Right Cal?" I asked and looked at Calum with a questioning look.

"Yeah right." He said with a sigh.