57

"I'm here I'm here I'm here." Calum said and bolted through the door and to my bedside.

"Do you know how long I've been here? I've been here three hours, and where am I? I'm at five fucking centimeters, that's it." I said in pain and agony which made his eyes widen a bit.

"Um... sorry?" He questioned with stress on his face.

"You put this baby in me, you should be sorry." I said and winced in pain as another contraction came.

"Making a baby is a two person job you know." He said and let me squeeze his hand.

"Shut up." I said and screwed my eyes shut.

"Can I get you anything?" He asked gently and moved my hair out of my face.

"You can get your daughter out of me." I said loudly and squeezed his hand even tighter.

"Our daughter babe, and I'm not qualified to do that." He said and sat in the chair next to me.

"You're being very literal and it's pissing me off." I said and gave him a dirty look.

"I'm sorry." He said with a chuckle and kissed the center of my forehead.

"We'll go get you some ice chips." Zoe said and dragged Avery, Kendall, and Luke out of the room.

"When's the game going to be over?" I asked to try and distract myself.

"It was the end of the second when we left so by now it's probably about over." He said and ran his thumb along the back of my hand.

"So it'll probably be a while before they get here." I said and he nodded his head.

"Can you ask Ashton or Michael to drop Noah off at my grandparents so that they can watch him." I asked while he dropped my hand and took out his phone.

"Yep they'll bring him." He said a few minutes later. He put his phone back in his pocket and picked my hand back up so I could squeeze it.

///

  It's been hours, literally hours since I got here and still was barely even there. I've been here for exactly 26 hours, a painful 26 hours and I was only at eight centimeters.

  Calum's been so nice to me the whole time. I've been kind of mean but that's just because I'm tired and in the worst pain I've ever been in before. He's been taking it like a champ though, they all have honestly.

  I did get an epidural about a centimeter ago so it's been better, but before that I haven't slept at all. I could still feel it so I still haven't slept.

  My doctor came in my room at about one in the morning to check me again. I was finally at ten centimeters which was a huge relief. I just wanted to sleep honestly.

  Calum stood on one side of my bed and held my hand for me to squeeze while Kendall stood on the other side. When they told me to start pushing I literally felt like I was being torn apart. I swear if Calum put a huge ass baby in me I might kill him.

  The second I heard her start crying I fell back against the bed to catch my breath. Calum immediately dropped my hand and went to the other end of the bed to see her.

"She's so slimy." He said and scrunched his face up in disgust.

"Well what did you expect?" I asked breathlessly as I watched him cut the cord.

"Am I am awful dad by saying she looks pretty gross?" He asked while everyone else in the room laughed.

"I hear that a lot so no." My doctor said.

"I'm gonna tell her you said that when she's older." I said while they carried her over to me so she could lay on my chest. The second they laid her on my chest I started crying because I was actually holding her.

  She had a thick head of black hair that I knew she had to have gotten from Calum. I couldn't see everything just yet because they had to weigh her and do all of that stuff but I could already tell she looked a lot like him.

"She's so beautiful Bren." Kendall said as she watched the nurses and doctors clean her and do all that other stuff.

"Is she?" I asked while Calum left my side to look at her.

"Wow." Calum said with a shocked look on his face.

"How is she?" I asked as the doctors did whatever else they had to do so this could just be over.

"She's beautiful Bren." He said as the nurses wrapped her up and handed her to him.

"Come here I wanna see." I said while he walked over to me looking at her in complete awe and amazement.

"She looks so much like you." I said and took her from his arms and held her. She looked like an exact replica of him. She had his nose, lips, eyes, and chubby cheeks. She looked exactly like him and Mali and I loved it so much. They were very beautiful and so was their mom too, I'm glad she looked more like them.

"She does doesn't she? It caught me a bit off guard, I thought she'd look more like you." He said and leaned down so his head was next to mine.

"I'm so in love with her." I said softly and gently traced her cheek with my knuckle. She's barely cried since she came out which I was really thankful for.

"Me too." He said and kissed my temple while he held his hand over mine that was holding her.