35

"Cal do you have to smoke every single time we leave the apartment?" I asked in annoyance as he pulled out a cigarette and his lighter.

"I don't." He mumbled with his cigarette between his lips as he began lighting it.

"Yes you do. The second we step out of the building you pull out your cigarettes and relentlessly smoke." I said and stopped in my tracks before we got to his car.

"So?" He asked and took a drag before blowing all the smoke out.

"You know I don't like smoking yet you always do it around me." I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm always around you B." He chuckled and opened the door on his side of the car.

"I'm going back upstairs." I sighed and turned around.

"We're supposed to go to dinner Brenna." He shouted as I walked towards the door of the apartment building.

"I'm not hungry." I yelled back and walked through the door and towards the elevator.

  I headed up to my apartment and saw Kendall and Michael cuddling on the couch. They gave me a questioning look since we were supposed to go out to dinner and obviously we weren't if I was here.

"What are you doing back?" Michael asked as I sat down next to him.

"I wasn't hungry." I mumbled and rested my chin on my knees as I watched the tv.

"We heard you two talking about how hungry you were. What happened?" Kendall asked and looked over at me.

"He's just always smoking and doesn't see an issue with it." I said softly and avoided eye contact with them.

"You told him about you're mum right?" Michael asked.

"Yeah but that was kind of when we first met so I don't know if he remembers." I muttered in disappointment.

"You don't forget the most important details about your girlfriend and her life." He said matter of factly.

"You do if you don't care." Kendall stated.

"He does care, he loves me." I said surely and looked at them to see concerned looks on their faces.

"Does he? I've never heard him say it and I'm here all the time." Kendall said softly.

"He told me last week." I said sternly and was beginning to get annoyed by this interrogation.

"Under what circumstance?" She pushed which made me sigh in annoyance.

"I told him I loved him and he said it back." I said and got up from the couch to go to my room.

"That's it?" She questioned and raised an eyebrow at me.

"What is the point of all of these questions?" I asked and turned around to face her.

"I'm just trying to understand you guys." She defended.

"That's not your job." I said and headed down the hall to my room.

  I sat in my room for a few hours and just watched some tv in isolation. Calum has been gone for like three hours. I was starting to get kind of worried even if I was still mad at him. He came home at like 9:30 and just walked in the room. I didn't look at him, I just stayed in my little ball on my bed and stared at the tv.

"You still up?" He asked softly as he walked over to the closet to find some clothes.

"Mhm." I hummed and kept my eyes glued at the tv. I saw him walk over to my side of the bed out of the corner or my eye in just his boxers. He smelled like smoke, and a lot of it.

"Come here baby." He said and tried to give me a kiss.

"No get away from me." I said and turned so my back was facing him mostly because if he starts kissing me neither of us will be able to stop.

"Seriously you're still mad?" He asked in annoyance and stood up straight.

"It's not something I get over easily." I mumbled and stared at the door of our room.

"It's just a few cigarettes Brenna you're overreacting." He said in frustration.

"Really? I'm overreacting? Did your mom die of lung cancer? Your best friend? Your support system? No she didn't. Did your parents smoke around you so much to the point where you can't even breathe properly because you had the lungs of a smoker at 10 years old?" I shouted and turned around to face him.

"Shit Brenna I forgot." He said guiltily.

"Yeah I can fucking tell asshole. That's not something you can just forget easily." I said and laid back down on the bed.

"It's not something I think about all the time. I'm trying to keep you safe here and think of a way to stop this mess. I'm not thinking about how your mum died." He yelled from behind me.

"Whatever. Just leave me the hell alone." I muttered and kept staring at the door of our room

"Baby I'm sorry." He said and put his hand on my hip.

"Mhm." I hummed and rolled my eyes even if he couldn't see.

"I am." He said and kissed the side of my head.

"Then quit." I said and turned around to face him. He held a puzzled look on his face as I looked at him seriously.

"What?" He asked and stood up from his squatting position next to the bed.

"If you're sorry then quit." I said and sat up and looked at him.

"I can't just quit Brenna." He said with a sigh and sat down next to me.

"Yes you can. You think you can't but you can, anyone can." I said and turned my head to look at him.

"I can't, I've tried and look where I am now." He said and laid his back flat on the mattress.

"You probably just didn't have the support system that you have now. I don't want you to get sick like she did. I'm not asking you to do this to be manipulative or bitchy or whatever, I'm asking you to stop because I love you." I said and placed my hand on his bare chest. He let out a deep sigh and rubbed his knuckles over his eyelids before running his fingers through his curly hair.

"Fine I'll try." He agreed which made me smile a little and lean down to kiss him.