25

"Hey what are you doing tonight?" I asked Calum as he came up to my register. He was earlier today since it was Friday. Usually on Fridays he came in towards the afternoon since he didn't have class or anything. Even though he didn't really come to class anyway.

"It depends." He said with a smirk and rested his elbows on the counter top.

"I want you to meet my friends. I got a bunch of shit for missing school and work for you the other day. They don't like you, so I'm trying to get them to like you, and if they hang out with you then they'll like you." I said and typed his order into the computer and waited for it to print out.

"That doesn't sound like a good idea. I have too many secrets that can't be spilled and you already told me that they'd probably ask a lot of questions. I can't just lie to them, then when they find out they'll hate me even more." He said and stood up straight.

"Just stick to the basics. Only tell them what you're allowed to tell them, and if they ask something that has to do with any of that then I'll divert the conversation." I said and watched the uneasiness grow on his face.

"They clearly don't like me, this can't end well at all." He said with a nervous sigh.

"Everything will be fine." I said reassuringly.

"I have to be at the warehouse at nine and you don't get out till eight." He said and bit down on his bottom lip.

"Oh that's right." I said and let out a sigh. There was no possible time for this to work. I spent nearly every second with Noah on the weekends, and during the week our times just don't line up.

"I'll figure something out. If you want me there then I'll be there." He said after a moment or two of thinking.

"I don't want you to get in trouble or something." I said with a nervous look on my face.

"I'll figure it out don't worry." He said and licked his lips before pressing them together. His eyes scanned over my face for a minute or so, it looked like he was thinking about doing something. I tilted my head a bit to the side and looked at him in confusion just before he leaned over the counter and pressed his lips to my cheek.

I smiled and felt my cheeks get warm when I felt his soft lips against my skin. He pulled away and smiled a bit, but turned his attention over to the pick up area where his name got called.

"I'll see you tonight." He said and looked back at me before he went to the other end of the counter. He left me completely dazed as he walked over to his usual table in the center of the room. It wasn't until Carol snapped her fingers in front of my face that I actually snapped out of it and got back to work.

  Calum left for a little while after he ate and finished his coffee. He did come back at closing time to make sure that I had gotten to my car okay. He told me that he had some stuff to take care of but he'll be over in about an hour or so.  That gave me enough time to go home and change into more comfortable clothing.

"So is he coming?" Michael asked and sat on the couch next to Kendall.

"Yeah he's coming, he'll be here soon." I said and put my stuff away and went to my room to change and take my makeup off.

"This should be entertaining." Avery said with a sigh and collapsed on the couch next to Ashton and Kendall.

"Be nice to him. He doesn't need you all ganging up on him." I said as I grabbed a beer and sat on the love seat.

"We'll see." Luke said and took a sip from his bottle. His arm was slung on the back of the couch behind Zoe and she was sitting rather close to him. I wasn't sure what exactly was going on with those two, but something clearly was happening. She didn't sit that close to just anyone.

  When I heard a knock at the door everyone's eyes darted to me and then to the door. I put my bottle on the coffee table and stood up to go get it. Once I had opened the door I saw a very nervous looking Calum standing there with his Led Zeppelin shirt and a leather jacket.

"Hey come in." I said and gently took a hold of his fingers and pulled him over to the couches where we were all sitting. I handed him some beer and sat down next to him. He seemed really nervous and tensed up which wasn't normally like him. I wrapped my arm around his and gently stroked his soft skin on his hand in hopes that it would calm him down a bit.

  I briefly introduced him to everyone, even though he's technically already met them all but it was extremely brief.

"So Calum." Luke said and and sat up a bit and rested his elbows on his knees.

"Yeah?" He asked nervously.

"You like her right?" He asked and pointed to me. I gave him a look that told him to shut up and stop talking. 

"Yeah I do..." He trailed off and kept his eyes on Luke.

"You better not hurt her again or I swear-"

"Luke be nice." Zoe scolded and slapped his arm.

"I'm just making it clear." He clarified.

"I got it, if I fuck up you'll try and kill me. Understood." Calum said and took a sip from his beer.

  At first things were kind of awkward. They were trying to ask very personal questions that obviously couldn't be answered. So I had to keep changing the subject. But then the boys started talking about music which they seemed to bond over really well actually.

  By the end of the night I think it was safe to say that they all liked him. He had slowly gotten more comfortable with them and wasn't so nervous. I was glad that this was all starting to come together.