34

While we were out running errands Calum was on edge pretty much the entire time. He kept rushing me and telling me not to draw any attention to us.

I was also on edge, but I was able to hide it better than him. I was mostly internally freaking out but he was like literally freaking out. I felt like I had to calm him down every 10 seconds. I wasn't annoyed by it because he was worried, and that meant he cared.

"You're never leaving again." He said as we walked through the apartment.

"You're being a bit ridiculous. Everything was fine." I said and put everything on the floor in the kitchen.

"That's what you think, but anyone could've seen." He panicked and gave me a serious look.

"Baby we're fine." I said and started putting groceries away.

"Don't call me baby." He said sternly and crossed his arms over his chest.

"You like it when I call you baby." I chuckled and walked closer to him.

"Exactly, I can't be serious when you call me baby." He said and tried to keep a serious look on his face which made me laugh.

"Calm down, we'll be fine... baby." I teased which made him groan and uncross his arms.

"I hate you." He said and slammed his lips over mine.

"I hope you don't always kiss the people you hate, especially like that." I said and went back to putting everything away.

"No just you." He said and started drinking from the gallon of chocolate milk he made me buy.

"Stop drinking from the gallon and get a glass." I scolded which made him stop and put the gallon back in the fridge.

"I'm the only one that drinks it. Kendall can't even have milk anyway." He said and opened a brand new bag of chips and started eating them, even though I'm like 99% sure we already have an open bag in the pantry.

"I drink it actually." I said and threw all the bags away once I finished.

"So who cares? We've shared plenty of bodily fluids." He said seriously which made me do a bit of a double take.

"Did you really have to say it like that?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"How else do you want me to say it?" He asked with chips in his mouth.

"Not like that." I said and scrunched up my face in disgust.

"Where's Kendall?" He asked and followed me over to the couch.

"Working why?" I asked and pulled a blanket over me.

"So we're alone?" He asked with a suggestive smirk.

"No no no, I'm still sore from last night." I said which made him laugh.

"Cant handle me babe?" He said cockily and wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

"Not when you do what you did last night." I said and brought my knees up to my chest as I leaned against him.

"I've gotta start getting creative here, I can't have you getting bored with me. Plus you fit me like a glove anyway." He said and kissed my temple.

"I'll never get bored." I said and looked up at him. He looked down at me with a small smile before pressing three of four quick kisses on my lips.

  After a while of watching tv we went to my room just to lay down before bed. We were on our phones most of the time but I was a bit distracted. I had to tell him something but I was kind of scared to say it if I'm honest, but the weight of it on my chest was stressing me out.

"Calum." I said and sat up on the bed to look at him.

"Yeah?" He asked while still looking at his phone.

"Calum." I repeated so that he'd put his phone down.

"Yeah?" He asked again but with a tone that told me he heard me the first time.

"Can you look at me?" I asked since he still hasn't looked up from his phone.

"Are you okay?" He asked and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah." I said and tried to think of a way to say what I want to say without freaking him out.

"Okay?" He questioned and held an even more confused look on his face.

"I love you."

  I watched the entire thing unfold in his brain. First there was no reaction at all and it was like he hadn't even heard it. Then once it had processed his eyes widened and nearly popped out of his head. He actually even jumped a bit before he sat up.

"You what?" He asked in disbelief.

"I love you." I said again but a bit unsure this time around. His eyes widened even more, if that was even possible. He didn't say anything for a while he just looked at me like I had skinned his cat or something.

"Sorry forget I even said anything." I said and went to move farther away from him on the bed. He took my hand and quickly pulled me back over to him and kissed me. He held my face in his hands and kissed me harder than I think he ever has.

"I love you too." He said breathlessly and leaned his forehead against mine.

"You don't have to say it just because I did." I said with a hint of sadness in my voice.

"I'm not saying it just because you did, I mean it Brenna. I've never said it before to anyone other than my sister but obviously she doesn't really count. I've never felt it before either or heard anyone say it to me. I just wasn't expecting you to say it, that's why it took me a minute." He said and tangled his fingers in my hair and kept our foreheads pressed together.

"You mean it?" I whispered with a small smile and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I mean it, I love you Brenna." He said which made both of our smiles widen before I kissed him again and sat in his lap.