21

Yesterday my day was spent drinking and watching tv, at least for the most part. I hung out with Luke since he wanted to hang out after he had class. So we got drunk together, ranted a bit, and got into really deep conversations about random stuff.

  He had spilled his feelings on Zoe accidentally, apparently Ashton was the only one that really knew about it. Once it flew out he tried to hide it and cover it up but he wasn't getting anywhere past me, even if I was pretty drunk.

  We ended up falling asleep at like three because we were extremely intoxicated to the point where we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. We got woken up like five hours later by Kendall and Michael who brought us food to eat. I ended up falling asleep pretty much right after. I had the worst headache in the world and I was somehow exhausted.

  But now it was Thursday. I had class today and I had to go to work today. Hopefully I wouldn't see Calum today. Usually he didn't even go to class anyway so I knew I wouldn't see him there. I'd probably see him at work so I'm gonna have to do everything I can to avoid him.

  My class was boring as always. Luke, Kendall, and Ashton kept me as entertained as they could, but all I could think about was Calum and how he had basically fucked me over. I wasn't even paying much attention in class which didn't really matter today. We were just assigned to do a packet and whatever we didn't finish was homework. So I'd just do it tomorrow or something.

  The closer I got to work the more anxious I was getting. I didn't want to see him if he came in. I didn't even want to talk to him, fuck that guy honestly. At first I was really upset about it but now I was just angry. I mean obviously someone like him would pull that shit with me, I should've expected it. Not only am I mad at him, but I'm mad at myself too.

  When Calum came in at 4:30 I didn't see him. I didn't see him before he saw me which was typically not the way things went, usually I saw him first but I was trying to focus. So when I heard him say my name as if nothing happened Tuesday, my head shot up in slight surprise.

"Hey." He said with a slight breath and a small smile on his face. I sent him a glare which changed his facial expression entirely.

"What's wrong?" He asked with his face scrunched up in confusion. Before I could answer I heard Carol call my name which made me spin my head around towards her.

"Why don't you cut up some pastries in the kitchen for tomorrow morning?" She asked and nudged her head towards the door that led to the kitchen.

  Usually she did it for closing while me and Heather cleaned up the front and stuff. But this seemed to be her helping me out so I wouldn't have to talk to him, which I was grateful for. It was kind of busy, so on a normal day I'd question it and make sure they'd be alright up here. But I definitely wasn't going to question it today.

"Wait Brenna-" Calum called out as I darted towards the door and went to the kitchen where the rest of my coworkers were prepping everything else.

"Brenna what are you doing back here so early?" Florine asked as he started making the desserts for tomorrow. Florine mostly did desserts and stuff. Then there was Maurice that made bread and some other stuff. They were brothers actually, and their mom owned the place before she died. So now they own it and are in charge. They grew up in France so they had the best French accents.

"I'm having some boy drama so Carol had me come back here." I said and went over to a table and started doing what she always did.

"You, Heather, and Amelia need to stop associating with boys. I'm telling you, go for the men Brenna." Maurice said which made me chuckle and shake my head.

"I'm trying, it's not as easy as it seems. There are more boys on this planet then men." I said and then the three of us drifted off into comfortable conversation while we all did what we were supposed to.

  Once closing came around Carol came back to the kitchen to do what she does for closing. So I went back up to the front with Heather and did was I always do for closing.

  I saw Calum standing against a light post smoking a cigarette and facing the street. It was raining a bit but clearly he didn't seem to care that much. Of course he had to be standing there. I chose to try and ignore him so I could just go home and be done for the night. When I was done Heather wished me a good luck and went towards the kitchen to finish up closing with the others.