24

"Brenna what the hell were you doing with that asshole?" Luke asked once I had come home later that evening.

"Luke I told you that we made up and we're fine." I said and threw my keys on the table and went over to the fridge to get some lemonade.

"Maybe you're fine now, but what about later? Clearly he's a fucking asshole and doesn't deserve you." He said as Kendall walked in.

"Luke you don't know anything." I scoffed and put the cap back on the jug of lemonade and put it back in the fridge.

"I think we're all just worried about you. You were really upset the other day and I don't think I've ever seen you get so drunk before. We're just looking out for you B, some just have a difficult way of showing it." She said softly and gave Luke a dirty look at the end of her little spiel.

"I'm telling you Brenna I don't like him. None of us like him, isn't that a sign that he's bad news?" Luke asked and followed me out to the couch where I took of my shoes.

"No it's not. You guys don't know him like I do, he's nice and he cares about me. He walks me to my car every single night after my shift just to make sure I'm alright, and he texts me at the time that I'm supposed to be getting home to make sure I made it home alright. He isn't familiar with relationship stuff, but that doesn't matter. Just because this is unfamiliar to him doesn't mean he should go his entire life without it. I'm giving him a chance because I like him and I think he deserves it." I said firmly and looked at the two of them.

"He can get his chance from somebody else. I'm not letting one of my best friends get hurt by someone who doesn't know what the hell he's doing." He said sternly while I walked over to the coat hooks and hung up my jacket.

"You're not doing anything Luke, none of you are. You're going to let me do what I want and keep your mouths shut about this. When I feel like the time is right then I'll have him over and we can all hang out and you can get to know him. But in the meantime you guys are going to let me do what I want and be good friends about this." I said and headed to my room so I could change into some clean clothes.

When I came out of my room to get something to eat Luke was staring at me with a hard look on his face. He clearly didn't approve of Calum at all. I wish he would, but I can understand why he wouldn't.

"Luke get over it, and tell the other two to get over it too." I said and grabbed some cereal and put it in a bowl.

"Brenna he's gonna break your heart." He said and sat at the island a crossed from me.

"He might, but he might not." I said and grabbed the milk from the fridge and poured it in my bowl.

"You always jump in the deep end right away. You don't just stick a toe or two in and test the waters, you just jump right into anything that has to do with love. If you do that you'll get hurt. You love too hard and you trust people too much, he shouldn't be getting that love with what he's done to you." He said firmly and held a stern look on his face.

"But what about what he's done for me?" I asked and brought my spoon up to my lips.

"What he's done for you doesn't make up for the fact that he clearly doesn't know what he's doing. The longer you're with him the more he'll fuck up and fuck you over." He said which made me sigh and roll my eyes.

"You don't have faith, but I do. That's the difference between you and me." I said and went over to the table so I could sit and eat my cereal.

"He hasn't given me any reasons to have faith in him." He said and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well I have faith in him and that's all that matters. You haven't gotten to know him yet and I understand why you don't like him, but once you get to know him I promise you'll like him." I said and gave him a look.

"Fine then have him over. We can all have a few beers and get to know each other. Tomorrow night." He said and stood up from the stool.

"Fine but not too late, I have to get Noah the next morning." I said and he nodded his head and went down the hall for whatever reason.