1 - I Thought Systems Were Fake!

Why was this happening?

What did I do wrong?

Why was I wrapped in a spider web, stuck to a ceiling? With a girl cuddling me, no less?

You think this sounds fun? Taking a closer look at the girl, there are long, dark spider legs protruding out of her back, wrapped around me and keeping me from escaping.

Gazing at her sleeping face next to mine, three pairs of eyes could be seen on her head. Yes, three pairs.

Why did that system have to appear...

——————————————————————————

I'm your average high school boy. Wait, this sounds like the kind of statement you start off a story with. One where the protagonist isn't normal. But really, I am normal.

My name is Jackson Walker. See, even my name is super normal! Jackson is one of the most common names in America! I live in your average town, and go to your average high school. I'm a completely average sophomore!

At least, I thought so. So what is this? Why is there a transparent screen floating in front of me? Is this a system? I thought those were fake! And since when did those appear in America?!

"Welcome to the Harem System!" Those were the only words stated the screen.

I rubbed my eyes. I'm hallucinating, right? Right? I ducked back under the covers, snuggling into their warmth, closing my eyes tight. Maybe this was a dream. A dream you get out of by dreaming in your dream. Woah, paradoxical.

I couldn't fall asleep. Or wake up. Sitting back up, the screen was still there.

"Hello?" I whispered out loud, gazing at the screen in front of me. "Is this real?"

I tapped the screen, curious to see what would happen. And something did indeed happen. The words changed, now showing a different message.

"Welcome Host!" Said a female voice. It felt like it came from my mind. It was almost like I was wearing headphones.

"Only you can hear me, host." Replied the System. "I am a part of you."

You can hear me?!

"I can." The System stated.

I can feel my privacy flying away, like a lost paper in the wind...

The words shifted once again. "This is the Harem System! A System to help your lonely butt get a harem!"

"Hey!" I whisper-yelled. I couldn't wake up the family after all.

Was this one of those annoying systems? Cause I'm getting annoyed already. I have friends!

"You only have two friends Jack." The System responded.

Gah! It's right. It hit me right where it hurts.

"What if I don't want a harem?" I whispered.

"You're a teenage boy. Why wouldn't you want one?" The System responded.

"I've seen enough harem anime. They're a pain." I stated. Seriously, it seemed like too much work. Trying to stop them from fighting, making sure to care for all of them.

Lots of respect to the anime protagonists who can do that. Except for the dense ones. The only reason they get by is because they can't recognize what a blush is!

"You'll get rewards~" hummed the System.

I know she's trying to sweet talk me into it, but rewards! Rewards are awesome! Imagine all the cool things I could possibly get!