6 - Half Man, Half Shark, All Roomate

Madam Webb and I stood in front of room 107. This hallway was for the male dorm rooms, and every other door connected to the hallway was a dorm for a student to live in.

Wow. There's a lot of doors. That's a lot of students.

"Don't be too surprised about your roommate." Madam Webb said.

"Alright." I replied.

Come on, how bad could it be? I've already seen spider people (Arachnids) and the Corrupted thing. This shouldn't be any worse.

Madam Webb knocked on the door. The sound of shuffling was heard from behind the door as it opened to reveal my roommate.

Oh my god he has a shark head!

He was a large man, large for being the same age as me. And when I say large, I mean built and muscular. His lower half was a human but from his neck onwards he had the head of a great white shark.

He wore a simple white sleeved shirt with dark jeans, and around his thick, shark neck was a blue amulet which depicted the symbol of a wave.

Across one of his eyes was a nasty scar, giving him an even more threatening look. Not that he wasn't already, with the shark head and all.

"Madam Webb? What is it?" He asked, his voice deep and sharp.

"I finally have a roommate for you. This is Jack." Madam Webb stated, gesturing to me.

I awkwardly gave a short wave. Please don't hurt me...

He looked at me, before nodding. "It's nice to meet you." He said, extending his hand out.

I extended my own, shaking it with his. Huh, he's not as threatening as he looks. Maybe I shouldn't have judged him right away.

"This is Brutus Hai. I hope you two get along." Madam Webb spoke. "Now I have to go. Your first day starts tomorrow."

I nodded, watching as Madam Webb walked away. Turning back to Brutus, I walked inside the dorm, dragging my suitcase along with me.

"I hope you don't mind me being your roommate." I said.

"Not at all." Replied Brutus. "I was getting lonely."

"Don't you have friends?" I asked.

"I don't." Brutus replied sadly. I could almost see a rain cloud appear above his head.

Yikes, I stepped on a landline.

"What...if I was your first friend then?" I wondered.

"You'll be my friend?" Brutus asked, hopeful.

"Yeah. If you're fine with it, of course..." I awkwardly replied.

"I'd love to!" Brutus said happily, picking me up into a bone crushing bear hug.

"My...back...is...breaking..." I groaned.

"Sorry!" Brutus replied, dropping me onto the ground.

"It's fine." I groaned once more. Man, he was strong.

I stood back up to my feet, grabbing my suitcase.

"Which room is mine?" I asked him.

"That one is." Brutus stated, pointing towards one of the doors.

The dorm was made up of one living room and kitchen, two bedrooms, and one bathroom. When you entered the dorm, you would enter the living room and kitchen room.

From there on, there were three doors that connected to the room. One had a sign hanging from the doorknob saying, "Brutus' Room" while another had a sign stating "Bathroom". My room was the third door, which didn't have a sign.