70 - A Changing Mindset

We laid in bed, my arm around Anna as she laid against my chest. We sat in silence, simply enjoying each other's body warmth after everything that had happened.

"Hey, Anna..." I spoke up. "There's something I need to tell you..."

"What is it?" Anna asked.

"I think I'm starting to fall for the others..." I awkwardly admitted.

"...This is literally the worst pillow talk topic you could go with." Anna deadpanned.

"Sorry." I replied.

"No, it's fine." Anna laughed. "I knew this point would come eventually. I'm just glad you're so worried about it. It's fine with me."

"Seriously?" I looked at, surprised.

"Yeah." She replied. "They're bonded to you through that system, just as I am. And besides...I also care for them. They're better than some random weirdo."

"Just promise me..." She whispered. "That you'll still always love me."

"I promise you." I kissed her on the head. "I do, and will always, love you."

"What was that, a proposal?" She giggled.

"It could be." I smiled.

She blushed, before lightly looking away. "We can think about that once everything settles down, mister. She then grabbed me, smashing her lips onto mine.

After another "session", we finally got up to head to breakfast. As much as I miss Sally, I'm glad she didn't hear any of that.

Where are you, Sally?

We walked to the dining table, where the others were already starting to get served their food.

"You're late." Dracula said. "A king can't be late."

"Sorry." I apologized, sitting next to Dawn as Anna sat down next to me.

Dawn glanced at Anna. "Why does she look like she's glowing?"

"She had a good dream." I replied, while it wasn't completely a lie, it definitely wasn't the main reason.

"Must have been a really good dream..." Dawn replied, analyzing Anna.

Throughout breakfast I talked with the girls, while Dracula grumbled to himself and Carmilla giggled at our interactions.

"Do you have a library?" I asked, finishing up my breakfast.

"Yes. It's over down that way, final doors." Carmilla pointed down one of the hallways.

"Thank you." I nodded to her. A butler grabbed my empty plate, taking it back to the kitchen. "I'm going to head there. I'll see you guys later."

"Okay." They nodded.

I walked down the hallway, pushing through the final doors to find a large library filled to the brim with books. My goal was to find anything about a possibility of demonic and holy magic working together.

I can't die yet. The bursts of pain are inhibiting me when I'm in battle. And it's getting harder and harder to hide from the others.

I started to look around, and I found one book about holy magic, but a quick skim through it revealed that it didn't have anything about how it mixes with demonic magic.

"What are you looking for?" A gruff voice suddenly asked from behind me after some time of searching.

"Dracula?" I questioned, looking at him. "You're going to help me?"

"Only so you can actually get to training quicker." Dracula sighed. "I don't know why you're wandering around the library."

"Do you have any books about holy and demonic magic?" I asked.