18 - Mending The Broken Pieces

(Krystal POV)

I was born lucky.

I was born into an amazing family, two great parents and a little sister. Our family was one of Kitsunes, a rare and strong race. I excelled at everything I did, having top grades. And I was always one of the strongest in class.

When I was younger my parents taught me to be grateful, and I'm thankful that they did. I think that helped make me into the girl I am today.

And then I got an amazing boyfriend, Duncan. He was handsome, nice, charming, and he was the one who confessed to me! It's too bad he's always so busy training.

We've been dating for a month now, and I couldn't have a happier life. Could I...?

I don't know, something feels off. But I can't tell what. When I go on dates with Duncan, my heart just doesn't beat as fast as when he confessed. That's why I haven't tried doing kisses or anything else.

Eh, this is probably just a part of dating. I'm probably just worried about going to the next stage.

My phone buzzed, indicating I had a notification. Pulling it out, I saw I had a message from Sapphire.

Sapphire: We need to talk, now. I'm at our dorm.

Krystal: Okay.

I wonder what's up? I hurried over back to my dorm to see what Sapphire needed. The way she texted sounded urgent.

At least, I think. It's kind of hard to tell.

I arrived at the door to my dorm. Fishing out my key from my pocket, I unlocked the door and entered. In our living room was Sapphire, sitting on the couch.

"Come here. I have to show you something." Sapphire said.

"Okay...?" I replied, confused.

She's being so serious. What's going on?

I sat down next to her on the couch.

"I'm sorry." Was all she said as she handed me the phone.

Looking at the phone, I saw that there was a video on the screen. Clicking onto it, it showed two people kissing in an empty classroom.

Why are you showi-

Duncan?! Who is that girl?!

Duncan...why...?

"I can't believe this..." The person recording muttered. Was that Jack?

After a little longer, the video ended.

He was... cheating on me? This whole time?

I can't believe it...

But why? Why?

Why don't I feel that sad..?

Just...mad?

"There's one more." Sapphire sadly stated.

I swiped to the right, revealing a new video. This one showed the outside of the school. What?

I clicked on the video.

"Are you sure nobody will find us?" Asked a feminine voice.

"I've told you, it's fine. Nobody comes here after school." I heard Duncan reply.

Someone found you.

"What about your girlfriend?" The girl asked.

"Oh please, we both know she's just a trophy. It's only to boost my image. We haven't kissed yet and we've been dating for a whole month. But once I do conquer her, then I'll have another toy to play with." Duncan stated.