78 - For Jackson

(Anna POV)

Everything went so wrong so quickly.

We were showing Demon King Lucifer the evidence that Jackson wasn't behind the crimes he was accused of.

With that, the whole situation should've been over. Everything should've been solved.

But instead, he burned the papers and sent Jackson flying out of the castle, before following after him with a powerful leap.

Lilia, Krystal, Dawn and I ran through the city in the direction that we saw them flew. Panic and confusion was flooding my system, and I could barely think straight.

I didn't know why this was happening, whatever this was, I just knew I needed to get there quickly to help Jackson.

But then we got there, and Jackson was no where to be seen. Demon King Lucifer was standing there, all alone, with a grin that shook me to the core.

Where was he?

Where did he go?

Jackson...NO!

Before I even realized I was doing it, my arm was outstretched and a purple glow emanated around Demon King Lucifer. He raised his eyebrow as he was slowly lifted off of the ground, before I then chucked him away. I panted, feeling my body straining from the surprising amount of effort needed for that.

He crashed into the ground a short distance past, basically unharmed as he dusted off his shoulders. He launched back at us, only to be intercepted as something fell from the sky at high speeds.

Angela stood before us, her wings spread as her hands held back Demon King Lucifer's. She pulled her head back, slamming it into his face and sending him stumbling back.

"An Angel?" He questioned.

Angela's fist ignited in holy fire as she swung it towards him for a powerful haymaker. He attempted to dodge, only to be stilled as I used the necklace's ability once more. I could my energy getting sapped at an alarming rate as I forced him to stop moving.

He was frozen until Angela's fist impacted him in the face, sending him flying into the distance once more.

From above came down a giant blue scaled dragon with three heads, glowering at Demon King Lucifer as he stood up in the distance. From Sapphire's back both John and Brutus hopped off, joining the rest of us.

"What happened?!" John exclaimed.

"I...I don't know." I whispered, fighting to keep back the tears which threatened to pool from my eyes.

Not now. Not with this threat in front of us, the one that took away the man I love.

He's going to pay!

Demon King Lucifer cracked his neck as he nonchalantly walked back to us, not seemingly caring about the fist coated in hell fire which had slammed into his face.

Dawn transformed into a bat, flying around Demon King Lucifer with little hisses. As he tried to swat the bat away he was distracted, allowing for a cross to be thrown straight into his face.

"What the-?!" He winced in pain as the cross bounced off his face. He glared down at it, before stomping onto the object and breaking it.

A shadow loomed over him. He looked up, seeing Sapphire's three heads staring down at him. He jumped into the air in an instant, avoiding as she blew huge amounts of fire on where he was just standing.

Sapphire took to the skies after him, breathing fire as she got close. He threw himself through the fire, passing through quickly and grabbing Sapphire by one of her necks.

He threw her towards the ground with incredibly strength, causing her to slam into it at high speeds and send dust flying into the air.

He hurtled towards Sapphire for another hit, but she quickly transformed back into her human form to avoid the next attack. She rolled to her feet, clutching her shoulder as she winced in pain.

Angela appeared behind Demon King Lucifer as the dust started to settle, both of her hands raised high and burning with holy fire to strike him down.

He quickly shot his hand out, grabbing her by the face. Before he could do any more I thrusted my hand out, using the necklace's power to make him stop moving once again.

Sweat dripped down my forehead as I could feel my energy getting drained further and further. I wasn't sure how much longer I could do this. It took so much more effort to use this power against him than anyone else.

Sapphire's hand morphed into a dragon claw, which she used to grab Demon King Lucifer and throw him over her head, slamming him into the ground and releasing Angela from his hold.

In an instant he was back to his feet, a back slap to Sapphire sending her to the side. He sent a kick towards Angela only to have it blocked. She grabbed his leg, but it suddenly jerked forwards and slammed into her face.

His eyes turned to me, and suddenly he was almost upon me. A person quickly slid inbetween us, blocking the path that Demon King Lucifer needed to take to me.

"D-don't y-you take a step closer." Brutus stated, holding his arms out as he stood in front of me.

"What he said." John crossed his arms, standing next to Brutus.

Demon King Lucifer chuckled amusedly in response, taking a step forward. The two held their stance, getting ready for the man to attack.

Only for them to suddenly duplicate multiple times, a circle made up of many Brutus and Johns now surrounding Demon King Lucifer.

They all started to shift to the left, now constantly moving as Demon King Lucifer slowly analyzed them.

"What an interesting trick." He muttered, before launching himself towards one of the Brutus and John pairs.

They dodged out of the way, Demon King Lucifer having correctly deduced which one they were. He swung at Brutus, only to barely miss and get smacked in the back by John's spider arms.

As he turned back around to grab John, a sudden bright light from the sky descended a short distance away from us, instantly grabbing everyone's attention.

The pillar of white light was almost blinding as I squinted in order to properly look at it. It raged for a few seconds, Demon King Lucifer staring at it with widened eyes.

"How?!" His face twisted into a snarl. "That's not possible!"

As the pillar of white finally vanished, it revealed a new person now standing there. He had a halo over his head with a single demon horn. Behind his back was both one Angel wing and one demon wing.

JACKSON!

He's alive. Oh my god, he's alive.

I felt the tears involuntarily leave, no longer able to hold them back. But this time it wasn't because of sadness, but pure joy.

Wait, where'd the demon wing come from?

Jackson looked at Demon King Lucifer, a calm and peaceful look on his face. "I'm not a half-demon." He stated.

"I'm a Nephilim." Jackson smirked. "Now back off from my friends."