53 - Something Is Wrong

(Krystal POV)

I woke up, feeling refreshed. I was confidant that we could convince my Mom with a little bit of work. Jack can definitely do it!

But first we should probably have breakfast.

I sat up from my bed, quickly getting dressed and ready for the day before heading to the room next to mine.

I knocked on the door. From behind I heard shuffling until a very tired Sapphire opened the door, her hair a mess.

"She is not a morning person." Anna stated from behind her, completely ready.

Sapphire groaned, walking over to the bathroom as I walked into the room. I closed the door behind me.

"Trust me, I know." I sighed. "I'm her dorm mate.  I have to help get her ready every day so she isn't late."

"I have to say, I didn't expect that." Anna giggled.

"Yeah, it is surprising." I smiled.

After a little bit Sapphire came back from the bathroom, almost completely ready. She changed before we started heading downstairs.

Entering the kitchen, Dad was making breakfast. "It's almost done." He smiled at us. "Go sit down at the table."

"Okay! Thanks Dad!" I happily replied.

We passed him, heading to the dining room. Mom was reading a newspaper, sitting at the table. Grandma had her eyes closed. Was she sleeping again? And Grandpa wasn't here. Probably already at the Dojo.

It wasn't long until Dad placed a couple plates of eggs and bacon the table for us. We each grabbed a plate, thanking him. I placed one in front of Grandma, who opened her eyes. A strange look was on her face.

"Grandma..? Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Something is wrong." She narrowed her eyebrows. "But my vision is cloudier than usual. I cannot get an idea..."

Sapphire and Anna glanced at each other, before looking over to me. "Seriously, is your Grandma psychic or something?"

"Not exactly." Lightly chuckled Grandma. "It's all about fortunes."

"Like those cookies?" Sapphire asked.

"That is one way." Grandma mused. "I also use my eyes, though they don't always work like right now. Did you know that eyes are windows to the soul?"

"Really?" Anna asked. "I've heard that saying before...but really?"

"The saying simply means that no matter what mask a person placed on, their eyes reveal the truth." Grandma mystically replied. "I see that young Sapphire has learned this."

"Really?" Anna and I asked, looking at Sapphire.

"Well, looking at someone's eyes is one of the main ways I'm able to determine whether someone is lying or not." Sapphire nodded.

"Wow." I gasped. "That's really cool."

"Thanks." Sapphire smiled. "But going back to that thing about something being wrong...what do you mean?"

"I'm not sure." Grandma sadly shook her head. "Usually my eyes can grasp a vision, some sort of idea. A person, a place. Any sort of hint. But I cannot see anything. Except for that something is wrong."

"That's...unsettling." Anna muttered.

"Agreed." Mom sighed. "Does it have to do something with that man?"

"Mom! I've told you, he's good!" I argued.

"And I've told you, I don't trust him Krystal." Mom replied. "But he's left now, so it can't be him."