29 - A Brawl In The Jewelry Store

"I want you to get Anna a present." Madam Webb stated.

"Wait...what?" I replied, confused by the sudden question. Anna had just gone to the bathroom, absent from the conversation.

"I want you to get Anna a present." Madam Webb restated. "She's your girlfriend, so you should get her something to give her during the Blood Ball. Preferably something small."

Madam Webb pulled some money out of her purse, shoving it into my hands.

"Take this. There's a bunch of stores over there." She stated, pointing to a nearby street. "There's plenty to get her something. Also grab yourself a souvenir, that'll be the cover for why you left us. You can't contact us afterwards."

"Uh, okay..." I replied, shoving the money into my pocket. "See you soon then."

I jogged over to the street Madam Webb had pointed too, turning onto it. It was completely empty, a stark contrast to the rest of the busy city.

Walking across the street, I gazed at the shops. There were so many which sold different wares. There was a pet store, a candy store, an ice cream store...

Wait, ice cream? It's scorching hot here. You know, being in Hell and all. They must have something really good to keep it frozen.

Passing the ice cream store, I continued to look for a store that might have something Anna would like. And that's when one of them caught my attention.

Diamond.

It was a jewelry store. Jewelry is romantic, right? Sally, is it?

"Why are you asking me?" Sally questioned.

Ah, right. There's no way you could ever have a boyfriend, or any experience with romance.

"Shut up!" Sally screeched.

Is insulting you the only way to make you show emotion? Anyways, the boyfriend thing is true.

...

Ah, she's silent. Now she's ignoring me.

Walking into the store, there was only one person at the counter. The rest of the store was completely empty, similar to the street I was just on.

Man, this is really feeling like a ghost town...or more accurately, street...

I started looking through the jewelry, but honestly I have no idea what kind of jewelry a girl would want. Look, I'm a complete virgin. Don't hate me too much.

The door opened, another person entering the store. Glancing over, it was a suspicious looking person in a robe.

I hope they don't try to rob the store...

They moved over to the other side of the store, looking through the jewelry. Maybe they aren't being suspicious on purpose. But seriously, who wears a robe to cover their face in a jewelry store?

Ignoring the new arrival, I continued to look through the jewelry, but I still don't know what to get. They have so many types! There's rings, necklaces, earrings, and all of them have different designs!

"I don't know what to get a girl..." I mumbled under my breath.

"Need some help?" I heard a feminine voice ask from behind, slightly startling me.

Turning around, I noticed it was that suspicious person! She doesn't seem bad though despite her appearance. Maybe she's just shy?

"Sure. Thanks!" I replied, accepting the offer. Having a girl's opinion will greatly help!