69 - The Dark Prince

About an hour into the train ride Anna finally started to stir. She slowly brought her head off of my shoulder, rubbing her eyes as she opened them. Upon fully opening them, she gasped with fear.

"W-what?!" She exclaimed. "Where am I?!" Her head whirled over to me. "Jack?!"

"It's okay." I said, placing a hand on her her own. "We're on the train to the Dark Empire."

"O-oh..." Anna muttered, blushing with embarrassment as she calmed down. With a small growl she suddenly clutched her head, rubbing away a headache. "What happened? I don't remember..."

"You...did some sort of telekinesis thing like Madam Webb." I told her. "It was really awesome. Well, until you fainted afterwards."

"I don't remember that..." She stated. "This is so weird..."

The door to the train car suddenly slammed open as two vampires walked in from the train car behind us. One of them had a large scar which went down one of his eyes, and overall the both of them just looked like they came from an intimidating biker gang.

"Hello...Prince." One slowly grunted. "Hope you don't mind, but we're going to have to take you out."

"What?" Anna growled, narrowing her eyes at them.

"The Princess was a fool to choose you." The other stated. "And look where that has gotten us. Our future Prince is a criminal."

"Shut up." Anna gave them a fierce glare, attempting to stand up before she fell back down, her legs wobbly.

"Hah! This will be easy!" The first one laughed, walking over.

Boo jumped off my lap, covering his eyes.

"What the hell?!" He screamed. "Get off of me!"

"Hey!" The other yelled, running towards me. [Danger Sense] activated as he got closer and sent a punch. Slightly tilting my head, the fist slammed into the wall right next to my head.a

"Give me a moment." I glanced towards Anna. I gripped the fist before he could move it, yanking him forwards and slamming my foot into his stomach.

He flew backwards, slamming into the wall as the other vampire desperately clawed at Boo. Boo finally jumped off, giving me an easy opening to send a strong punch to his head and send him reeling to the ground.

"There was a reason she chose me." I spat at him. "Now go and take your friend before I change my mind."

The vampire looked at me afraid, before grabbing his companion and moving back to the other train car, leaving me, Anna, and Boo alone once more. Taking a deep sigh, I sat back down next to Anna.

"This is so annoying." Anna stated. "I couldn't do anything."

"You're still probably feeling the effects of whatever that was earlier." I told her. "Just rest."

"...fine." She sighed. "But I just wish I could have helped. I wanted to punch those two faces in."

"I appreciate it." I smiled.

We looked at each other, before slowly leaning into an intimate kiss. Boo jumped back onto my lap, nuzzling against my hand as I made out with Anna.

For the rest of the train ride we were in undisturbed, allowing us to take a moment to relax from everything that happened today. I wanted to fall asleep and forget it all, but I could do that when we arrived. It was too dangerous now.

Once the train stopped at The Dark Empire, we exited the train with many other vampires which avoided us. As we walked through the kingdom to the castle, I could feel the judging stares of all of the vampires on me.