31 - The Long Awaited Blood Ball

"So...why are we back in Lilith?" I asked.

Here we were, standing in the city one hour before the dance started. The lights of the city brightened the dark night. Yes, it was night. The whole group was here, standing in the bustling city. It was busy, and it was this late.

Today is the day of the Blood Ball. October 31st. The Blood Ball started at 10 for some reason, and we were here at 9 for some reason. And honestly, I can't wait. I've only been too a few dances, like the High School Homecoming, but they were fun.

Except for the inappropriate dancing circles and the walls that were quite literally sweating. It was so hot there...

"You've had some interesting experiences..." Sally commented.

Oh, and Sally's here too. I mean, she is stuck in my head.

All of us, except Sally, are in some fancy clothes. I'm wearing the ones that I had picked out at Twy's Designs. It was a fancy red suit with a black tie.

Really fancy...never thought I'd be wearing something like this...

"Well, the only transport to the Dark Empire is through the train in Lilith. You wouldn't want to walk all the way there, now would you?" Smiled Madam Webb.

I would not like to walk there.

Looking around at our party, I noticed that to my left Brutus was shaking.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked him.

"I-I'm okay. I-I'm just scared of large cities..." Brutus stuttered.

That's...interesting...

"It will be fine." I smiled, patting his shoulder. "We're all here with you."

"T-thanks..." Smiled Brutus.

"Jack! Pat me too!" Krystal demanded, pouting on my right.

"Alright, alright..." I sighed.

I pat her on the shoulder.

"..." Krystal just blankly stared at me. "Really...?

"I know, I'm amazingly funny." I joked.

"Good one." John commented, stifling a chuckle.

Our fists met each other in a fist bump.

"That's right. Headpats are reserved for me, his girlfriend." Smugly replied Anna, sliding besides me.

I slightly pat Anna on her head. A light smile graced her face.

Do girls actually enjoy this...?

"They use it to assert dominance." Sally informed.

Wait...really?

"Not fair!" Pouted Krystal.

"Agreed!" Pouted Angela.

"I would have liked one..." Sapphire muttered, so low that I almost missed the words.

Well, I guess they do.

...

This is getting awkward.

"We should head over to the train! We don't want to be late to the Blood Ball!" I suddenly added, trying to change the conversation.

"Yes, let's get going." Anna said, wrapping her arm around mine.

Do you really have to antagonize them so much...?

Anna wore a beautiful sparkling blue dress which complemented her eyes. She wore black high heels which she somehow walked perfectly in. Her hair was done, and her eyelashes were more defined than usual.