- 1 - A new start

A/N : Updated on June, 27th because I didn't like it and for clarity. Have a good day everyone =)

“So… Miss YN, what makes you think that you would be fit for the job ?”

You stared at the woman before you, thinking about what you could say. 

Of course, you could just give her the right answer, the answer that every girl in the hallway would give her straight away and then hope for the best. But you probably didn’t have any of their qualifications. She would never, in a million years, remember you if you did that. You didn’t even know what an assistant was supposed to do exactly. 

But you kind of needed a job right now, and to be honest, you would actually like to work for her. And you’d have money. You really liked money. But what did she like ? 

Oh, so she wanted honesty. Well ok then, honesty it would be. You were good with honesty.

“Mrs Potts. I truly think I could make your life easier.”

“Oh. And why is that ?” She was definitely interested but she was also very good at hiding it. It didn’t matter, you had some talents of your own. You sat straight on your chair and tried to sound nice. Nice was always good with people.

“Well you see, I could easily tell you that I’m always on time, but that would be a lie. I have a tendency to always be late. Maybe it’s a disease, or maybe I just don’t care enough about things to even bother.” No expression, but you knew she would remember you now. “I could also tell you that what you are accomplishing here at Stark Industries is a gift to humanity but it would also be a lie. I don’t even know what you are doing exactly. Is it weaponry, superhero stuff or composting ? If I’m being honest, that’s really confusing to me.” 

You waited for a few seconds, hoping that she would say something to stop your rambling. But she didn’t, and just moved her hand for you to keep going. 

“You are clearly the most powerful woman over there, mostly because of hum… well, money. And I’m sure you didn’t get where you are today just because you married your boss. You must have been pretty good at your job to keep up with a man like that.” Sometimes you had trouble knowing when to stop. You desperately needed her to say something. “Look, I’m clearly the worst choice you could make today. But I’d like to work for you.” She finally opened her mouth but you raised your hand and cut her off. “Did I mention that I can read minds ?”

“Caring about the environment is not that confusing. And we did more for the world here than any other government. Now, tell me more about that please.” She crossed her legs and waited for you to reply. You were a bit confused.

“About the environment ? Well, I haven’t been around much, but I’d say it’s been better the past 5 years. I guess.”

“The mind reading. You should have known what I was talking about. Or maybe you’re not that good. Or maybe you don’t read minds at all.” You were kind of offended but tried to appear as relaxed as you could.

“Oh, that thing.” Well now you sounded completely detached. “You know I’m not always ‘on’, and I try not to be too intrusive.” Biggest lie in the history of lies. You loved being in other people’s minds, even more than your own. And you had never cared if you were intruding anything. “But sure, we can talk about it if you want.”

“Maybe you could just show me ?”

You went into her mind and realized she was just thinking about the next girl in line. And then the previous one. So she was not going to hire you. You tried to remember all the things that came through her mind since the moment you came into her office.