- 32 - Four months later

Hi !!
To celebrate 25k reads and 1k votes (which is more than I ever thought I'd get), here's the first chapter of the 'sequel' !

Thank you so much for your support, votes and comments, you guys are the best ❤️

“When is he coming back ?”

“Today. And he better be in one piece.” You paused to scan the group of people who just entered the lobby. “It’s been a week. A whole week, Noah. A woman has needs.”

“Yeah, I’d have needs too if I was dating that man.” You both laughed but Noah quickly took a more serious tone. “Not that I don’t have needs right now with Evan. I do. Don’t get the wrong idea. You can read my mind YN, I swear.” 

You laughed at how scared he still was of you and raised a hand to stop him. “Chill, Noah. I know what you meant.” 

“By the way, did you two talk about… you know,” he finally asked, looking anywhere but in your direction.

“Nope. He called two days ago to tell me he was fine, and I forgot,” you casually said. 

“You… forgot.” Of course you didn’t forget about that. You simply didn’t want to bother Bucky with that kind of stupid stuff while he was on a mission. It could wait until he came back. It could also wait until you both said ‘hello, good to see you again’ in an appropriate manner. 

“Yep. I forgot.” And you really wanted everyone to forget about that, too. “Do you have the security schedule somewhere ?” You looked around on the desk and sighed. “Shit, Noah. You should organize that thing.”

“I’ll let you know that it’s very well organized.” It wasn’t. The whole thing was a mess, Pepper told him a hundred times that it was the first thing people were noticing when they entered the tower and it wasn’t a good look, but each time you helped him clean his desk, it took only a few hours to go back to its original state. He took a piece of paper from a pile of other papers and handed it to you. “Here. Something’s wrong ?”

“Happy’s not here this week and I want to leave early.”

“And ?”

“And I don’t know who’s in charge this time.”

You were all expected to do whatever you all usually did, but Happy said something like ‘if there’s something important, call me. But if it’s something important but not that important, I’ll put someone in charge,’ and you didn’t remember who that someone was. As soon as you saw your phone number on the emergency contact, you laughed. 

Noah immediately looked up from his computer. “What’s funny ? Someone thinking something good ?”

“Not everything revolves around that, you know,” you sighed. Noah shrugged and waited for you to spill the beans. “He put me in charge this time.”

“And ?”

“Well, we’re lucky nothing ‘important but not that important’ happened.” Noah laughed and shook his head. He greeted someone at his desk and you decided to text Happy.

Hey. Everything good with Peter ? 

What is happening ?

Nothing. I just saw that you put me in charge. Very funny.

Then I guess everything is going well ?