- 11 - Change of plan

You had been enjoying the last week a lot. Training with Bruce was fun, and he was always so supportive of you, even though you were not making any progress. He told you that the model of your brain would be ready soon, and you couldn’t wait to see it. You still had to go through a lot of tests, MRIs and whatnot, but he didn’t give you any reason not to trust him so far.  

So basically, you were in a pretty good mood when you got home. You went out with Lucy after work, talked for a couple of hours and had fun. You even stopped by the grocery store on the way back to buy some ice cream. You had so many plans for the weekend. Food, sleep, Netflix. You had been looking forward to it all week. Even if you liked your job more and more every day, it could be pretty exhausting and you needed some rest.

Right before you opened the door, you heard Marisa laugh. She was probably with a friend. You looked at your watch. 20:15. That was weird. 

Even weirder, you hadn’t seen her laugh before. You didn’t know how she was ‘before’ but you had been living with her for months and she was definitely not the laughing type. And you had never met any of her friends. You didn't even know if she had friends anyway.

You knocked before getting in, just to make sure you weren’t interrupting anything and announced yourself.

“Hey Marisa, I’m back !” You tried to speak loud enough so she could hear you from the living room. 

Then you heard a masculine voice, followed by her laugh. Maybe she was seeing someone. As in, a man. Well, obviously she was with a man right now. You felt really uncomfortable and considered leaving them to whatever they were doing. But you already told her you were here. You hung your jacket on the wall and headed to the main room. 

If you had known, you would have stayed outside the building. Because you had no idea of what was happening in front of you. 

Marisa and Bucky were sitting on the couch, drinking tea. For a second you thought that maybe you had mistaken Lucy’s cocktail with your soda and you were now drunk. Why was he drinking tea at your place ? Now that you were thinking about it, the tea was irrelevant. What was he doing here in the first place ? You wondered if you could call the police on him. The man was obviously harassing you.

Anyway, Marisa was smiling, and it was nice seeing her happy for once. But still weird, considering who she was talking to. And Bucky was smiling too. You had no idea he could do that. Maybe he just enjoyed the company of old people.

Really, you had no idea about what was going on here. 

“Hum, hi.” You waved at them. 

“YN ! You’re back ! I was talking to your friend, do you want some tea ?” 

“Hum, yeah, sure.” You smiled and waited for Marisa to be out of the room to sit in front of Bucky. “My 'friend' ? So we’re friends now ?”

“I never said that.” It made sense. But she knew he attacked you the last time he came over. Maybe she was going crazy and forgot about it. “Where were you ?”

“Out. What are you doing here ?” You really wanted this conversation to be over before Marisa came back from the kitchen.

“I’ve been waiting for a while.”

“Well, sorry I didn’t tell you when I was coming back, Mom.” You crossed your arms over your chest and asked again. Maybe he didn’t hear you the first time. “What are you doing here ?”

“I need your hel-”

“Here. Be careful, it’s hot.” Marisa put your tea in front of you and sat back on the couch. “It’s nice to know you’re not mad at him anymore.” Oh, so she remembered. She just didn’t care. Great.