Chapter 34: The Ring

Author's POV

...

She cannot be wrong, she's definitely sure it's the ring. The ring which is one of the things she's searching for years. But why in the world she would found it on the hand of the girl she doesn't expect to be wearing? Why of all the female in the earth? She wasn't expecting this to happen. Her mind was clouded by questions that she couldn't answer. What is Y/N's real identity? Why would a poor girl like her wear that kind of ring? She hates it. The rage in her is rising up and she doesn't think she could bear it. She would surely burst in her tears in front of everyone if she won't excuse herself and leave. As much as she hates it, she has no choice.

And so she did.

Ignoring her pride, she excused herself by simply reasoning out that she is not feeling well and immediately left the dinner. Holding back tears is not easy and every step she take is agony. The god must have really hate her for making her feel weak like this again just because of that ring. No, she can't be.

When she finally made it to her room, the flower vase right next to her is the first thing she grabbed and threw it to the floor with full force and scream.

"Aaaaa!"

The shattering sound of the broken vase echoed inside her room. It wasn't enough. Break more. She want more, but even she break all the thing inside her room isn't enough to help her ease the pain she's feeling right now. She fell on her knees, head hanging low and then her eyes fell down to the broken pieces of the vase.

She pick one, not minding the sharp edge that cuts her skin on her palm. It's been years and she thought her heart already forgotten him.

"Mother!" Jimin rushes to her and kneel down to her level. Concern was evident on his face seeing his mother on the floor, crying and seem so broken. Why is she crying? he wonder why. "Mother, what happened--" he didn't even get to finish his sentence when Lady Hellina pushed him away from her before his hands could touch her shoulder. Jimin's hand landed on the broken glass and pricked his skin that made him winched at the sting of it. Instead to feel worry for his son, she glared at him with disgust and hatred.

"Get away from me!" she yelled at him and looked away, ignoring the hurt written all over her son's face. "Get out!"

"But mother I need to kn--"

"I said get out!" she yelled again as she pointed towards the door's direction. "Get out. I don't need you." She added without feeling any remorse and her last words broke Jimin's heart. He heard it many times from her though, but it still hurt him. He left without saying anything.

Maids and butlers bows to him as soon as they see him pass by and one of them was Sunny who was carrying a tray of clean plates on her hands.

Prince Jimin headed directly to the garden, same as his cousin Prince Seokjin, it's the place where he can get a peace of mind in the palace as if like the place has a healing magic around. There are few maids watering the flowers around the moment he arrived there. They immediately pay their respect towards him as they bow at him. Ignoring the distress they saw on the young prince's face because they know they're not in a place to ask him why is he like that.

"I want to be alone here." He stated and the maids only nodded before leaving the prince there alone. Giving him what he wanted right now.

Time for myself alone.

Seeing that no one is around anymore, he sat on the bench with both of his elbow placed on his lap, he hung his head low, covering his face with the palm of his hands. 'Get out. I don't need you.' Those words pricks his heart deeply. Tears stream down his face to his hands. He bit his bottom lip to suppress his sob, not wanting to let anyone hears him crying alone in the garden.