Chapter 2: The First One

Han Y/n's POV

...

I woke up from the morning sun that streams from my window and I just came to realize my state when I felt the tiredness and backache, I slept on my desk, still holding my notes. I quickly stand up and prepared myself for another day of torture in school.

After dressing up, I made my way to kitchen and made a breakfast for my halmoni since I don’t take a breakfast in the morning. I put it on the tray together with her medicine and walked to her room. Seeing her still  asleep I just wrote a message on a piece of sticky note ‘’Eat well and don’t forget to take your medicine. I love you.’’ and put it beside the tray then left silently.

It’s still early in the morning so I just simply walked to the school since it’s not too far from our house. I was about to enter the school gate when I heard someone yelled my name.

“Wait, Y/n!” I turned to see who it was and it’s Seokjin, running towards me.

“Oh hey, Seokjin-ssi.” I greeted him.

“Hi Y/n. Let’s get inside together.” He says with a cheeky smile and I nodded at him.

"Okay."

We then get inside the school and I could hear the students murmuring, sending death glares and disgusted looks at me obviously by the fact that I'm with Seokjin. I distance myself a little from him and looked down letting my hair to cover my face and he noticed it.

I was caught surprised when I felt his hand grabbing my wrist pulling me closer to him and I could hear the students gasping at us. I slightly yanked his hand but he didn’t bother to remove it and this made me looked up to him only to see his serious face mixed with confidence that he’s with me.

“Seokjin-ah, what are you doing?” I lowly asks, trying to remove his hand.

“Don’t mind them, just stay with me and they wouldn’t harm you.” he says without looking at me.

“But—“I try to say something but he cut me off.

“No buts, remember I said I’ll be your friend. As a friend I won’t let them harm you.” he said then turned with a concern and sincerity on his face and I just stare at him, can’t utter even a single word due to confusion.

We entered the classroom and I can see their reactions especially Mira and her minions, they’re sending me death glares. I looked away and went to my seat with Seokjin beside me. Our teacher is not here yet so I took out my book and read. Seokjin tapped my arm getting my attention I give him questioning look and he pointed on his own book, asking me if what would be the topic for today in our History class then I leaned closer to turn the page into page 265 then someone just approached us, it’s Mira with her friends.

“Oppa, if you want someone to help you, we can hang out and study together.” She says in a flirty voice but Seokjin didn’t answer her and not even looking at her as if she doesn’t exist.

“Ahm, Oppa.” She says, fake clearing her throat in attempt to get Seokjin’s attention but failed. She groaned and walked out from the class. She doesn’t even care for being absent in the class since she’s the daughter of the principal.

Honestly, I was surprised at Seokjin’s different side, I didn’t expect that he can act like this because he’s a shy guy when he introduced himself to me. I nudged his arm and he looked at me.

“Hey Seokjin-ah, why you didn’t talk to her?” I voiced out my curiosity.

“I told you already, I don’t like them. Now back to study.” He simply shrugs, giving me small smile before turning back his gaze to his book.