Chapter 36: Why

Author's POV

...

"You think he'll like this?" You show the little box that has a silver necklace with a guitar pendant to Sunny. Nervously fiddling with your fingers, you observe her face as you wait for her feedback. She's smiling down at the necklace in pure admiration.

"Of course, he will. Specially if it comes from you." She teases and you shake your head, laughing.

"Stop it." You playfully hit her on her shoulder and she fake a cry. "You're just saying that so I won't be upset." You put the box on the nightstand near Seokjin's bed.

You bit your lips as you try to hold back a smile. You feel so excited that your cheeks reddened. You bought it yesterday with Captain Namjoon. Of course, secretly. You wanted to surprise him.

"I didn't." Sunny whine beside you and you gave her a fake glare. "Believe me, Unnie. He'll gonna like it." She added, assuring you before she goes out of the room with a basket of laundry in her arms. Leaving you alone in Seokjin's room. He said he'll pay a visit to his aunty Hellina at her company and you agreed because why not. Hellina's her family and who are you to say no?

While waiting for him, you busy yourself by arranging some paintings and decors in his room. Folding some of his new washed nightwears that Sunny brought this morning and you insist that you'll take care of it.

You're folding his pajamas when the door suddenly slam open that startled you, revealing a soaked Prince. He looked so gloomy and upset and you gasped, rushing towards him worriedly.

"Jin, what happened to--" you reach out your hands to him but to your surprise, he rejects it. He stepped back and you frown as you retract your hands back. Why? Have you done something wrong? This happened for the first time and you admit this scares you. You two never had a fight. "Jin, what's wrong?" You carefully asked. Damn you felt your eyes starting to tear up for something you don't know and it makes you more anxious when he gave you a cold gaze for the first time as he started taking steps towards you, droplets of water from him wetting the floor while you took steps backward.

"J-Jin..." You stutter.

"Why?" Even the tone of his voice was cold. He kick his foot back, shutting the door, eyes not leaving yours. What was he asking? "Why?" He repeats but nothing came out from you but a frown of confusion. You don't know what to say. What are you going to say? What's this all about? It seems like you're talking to a stranger.

"Jin, I don't know what you're talking about."

"Why did you lie to me?" He breathe out, face contorts as he cries, breaking in front of you and the sight of it hurts you aswell.

You frown more.

"Jin, I don't know--"

"You fucking know!" He yells, shutting you up. Cold gets into your feet, you froze in shock as your eyes widely stare at him. This is not the Prince you knew. You're seeing his other side now. ""All this time I thought you're not hiding anything to me! How could you? Why didn't you tell me that my father is dying?!" He fell down to his knees after yelling out his

You flinched as his voice boom in the room. He was mad. Your lips tremble, feeling hot tears streaming down from your face as you started to cry in shame and guilt. This is what you've been scared about. God knows how much you badly wanted to tell him that his father is dying. But the emperor asked it on you not to tell his illness to the prince.

How did he found out tho?

(Throwback)

*Door slam open*