Chapter 22: The Search

Author's POV

...

Hearing your words suddenly cutted off and the sound of your breathe hitching is the only sound he could hear, his eyes widen in fear sensing the danger you're facing from the other line. He called your name many times to check if you're still there and the last thing he heard was the loud thud sound and the call ended causing him to breath hard due to mixed emotion he felt. Without wasting any time even millisecond, he sprinted out of the room running down to the hallway with tears blurring his vision, earning a confused and concerned look from the butlers and maids but he didn't mind it. Seeing Mr Chung walking on the hallway he quickly called his name.

"Mr Chung! Give me the key!" Mr Chung stood there surprised at the prince who's crying and asking for the key.

"Your highness what's wrong? Why are cryi--"

"Just give me the key please!" Jin yelled causing the older one to jump and quickly handed over the key to the prince. He ran to the parking lot where hundred of expensive different cars were parked, he chose the nearest one and get inside starting the engine and drive all the way to the place where you told him before you and Namjoon left the palace.

"No, please...this can't be happening.." He mumbled then shook his head as tears kept rolling down on his face, his mind couldn't think of anything else but you.While he's on his way his phone rang and light up showing the caller's ID 'Cpt.Namjoon', he quickly answered the call.

"Hello." his voice was shaking and almost sound like a whisper.

"Your highness, i-it's about Y/n--" hearing Namjoon stuttering on the phone he quickly get what Namjoon was trying to say so he cutted off his words.

"Call Officer Kim right now and tell him to check the CCTV footages all over that area. Meet me at the police station." He said and speed up the car.

"I'm on my way there." Namjoon replied before turning off the call.

(10 minutes later)

|At the Police Station|

As he arrived to the police station Namjoon's already there nervously waiting for him, preparing his self for whatever the prince might throw on him, seeing the prince getting out from his car he walked to him and quickly bowed.

"Your highness I'm sor--" the prince didn't even let him finish his sentence and grabbed the collar of his shirt with full force looking at him deadly serious in the eyes.

"I feel so disappointed at you Cpt Namjoon, your job is to protect her but what did you do?! I really want to punch you on the face right now but I can't...you're lucky because Y/n treats you like a brother." He said before letting him go, Namjoon was silent for a few seconds looking down to the ground feeling disappointed too at his self, he shouldn't have left you there alone and it breaks his heart.

"I'm sorry, your highness. I'll find her as soon as I can." He said, sadness and guilt was evident on his face. Jin sigh as he let go off him. As much as he want to yell out his anger at him,  it's  not the right time for them to fight. After heaving a deep sigh he placed his hand on Namjoon's shoulder.

"I'm sorry, we should be cooperating instead of fighting." He said and Namjoon shook his head.

"It's my fault your highness, I failed." He bowed again and Jin shook his head.

"Forget what I've said, I forgive you. Now, let's go to Officer Kim." He said and get inside with Namjoon trailing behind him.

...

"Just by observing on the CCTV footage, its clearly obvious that this guy was following you and Y/n which you didn't noticed because there are many people at that time. We can't clearly see his full face because of the cap and mask he's wearing." Taehyung explained while pointing at the man on the CCTV watching you from afar while you were helping the little girl and purposely bumped into you when you were walking back to the car.

Jin fisted his hand due to anger seeing how scared you were when the man suddenly grabbed your arm and harshly pulled you but you managed to get away from him and ran away.

"On the other CCTV footage here, she hide behind this XX Store for a few minutes but this guy still found her." Taehyung showed them and fixed his thick eyeglasses so he could clearly see it.

Staring at the man on the footage, the man looks familiar to him. He looked like Jackson, but he's already in jail now though. So it's impossible that it would be him. Taehyung thought and same for Jin, Taehyung was about to speak when his phone rang, he answer it.

"Hello...what?!...okay, thanks for telling me. Bye." Jin and Namjoon was surprised at Taehyung's voice echoed around his office as he was shocked at the news. He leaned back to his chair pinching the bridge of his nose, letting out a sigh before he speak.

"Someone have just helped Jackson out to escape."

"That guy must be Jackson. I think I know where to find him. Right, that old building." Namjoon said quickly grabbing his car key on the table getting out of the office.

"I'm coming with you." Jin followed behind him with Taehyung, he stopped and turn around.

"I'm sorry your highness but only Taehyung can come with me. It's too dangerous, your life is more important." Namjoon said and Jin shook his head.

"No, i'm not just going to stay here and do nothing, i'll come with you, period." Jin insisted and walked to the exit.

"The king will be going to chop off our heads for this." Taehyung mutttered and gulped thickly while imagining the king holding a very sharp katana.

"I need to make sure the prince wil be safe with us." Namjoon said and called someone on his phone.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked him.

"Calling the Alpha team."

...

Jin, Namjoon and Taehyung went to the place where Jackson and his group once used it as their hideout, Namjoon's team is following them. As they finanally arrived to the place Namjoon insisted to get inside first to make sure the entrance is clear before the other get inside.

Checking all over the area, no one is there. But something caught his attention and made his eyes widen There's a something written on the wall.

"Want Y/n alive? Give us the prince. XXX hill, 8:00 AM tomorrow."

-Jackson

"There's nobody here, Captain." One of his team said after getting inside then followed by Jin and saw the words written on the wall causing him to clenched his jaw and fisted his hands due to anger.

"Wait for me Y/n." He mumbled before a tear rolled down from his eyes.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/n: Hey Fam! I hope you guys like this chapter.☺

Prepare yourself for the next chapter.😉

Take care guys.

Borahae~💜😘