Chapter 21: The Chase

Author's POV

...

7:36PM

"Please, answer it..."
You keep dialing on Namjoon's number but he's not picking up, you're tired from running away but still keep forcing your feet, panting so hard not even minding the looks from the people you've bumped and passed on.

I shouldn't have left, Namjoon oppa was surely worriedly looking for me right now... You thought as beads of tears start streaming down from your eyes, feeling so scared, regretting what you have done.

After buying the other items you need at the convenience store Namjoon insisted to buy the last thing on your list which is a herbal tea, Namjoon told you to wait for him inside the car until he come back,you did but a little girl who's crying in the middle of the crowd and seem lost caughtyour attention and made you get out from the car running to the poor little one, helping her to find her parents and you did. Returning your way back to the car, you accidentally bumped into this mysterious yet familiar man, you quickly apologized at him and was about to walk away but the man suddenly grabbed your arm harshly pulling you somewhere but you managed to pull yourself away from him, you keep on running away as far as you can didn't have any idea where you are going or where to find Namjoon.

Escape

The only word that you could only think. You clutched your chest as your heart starts aching hammering so hard because of fear and running out of air.

No Y/n...you can't stop..don't let him catch you. You thought glancing behind you to see if the familiar man wearing an all black clothes is still chasing you and yes...he is. You can't clearly see his face because he's wearing a black face mask.

"Please oppa answer it..." You breathe out tightening you grasp on your phone for dear life. You ran into a more crowded place with a lots of tall people to distract the man behind you, using your small height to hide from him and it works. Seeing him got distracted you made your way to the back of this small store and hide yourself there and you saw him passed by. You lean your back to the wall closing your eyes for a few seconds, still panting and then after calming yourself a bit down you call Namjoon's phone again and finally he answered it.

"Y/n! I'm sorry I left my phone inside the car. I told you to wait for me inside the car. Where are you?"

"O-oppa p-please help me! Someone's chasing me, i'm hiding at the back of XX Store, please come quickly...i'm scared." You said almost in a whisper tone, body still shaking in fear.

"I'M ON MY WAY NOW, DON'T MOVE." You can tell that he's panicking from the other line through the shuffling noises before he ended the call.

Meanwhile, Jin who's playing games with Jimin inside his room knitted his eyebrows together as he suddenly felt nervous like something bad is going to happen, he placed his hand on his heart rubbing it to ease his nervousness but it won't work.

"Bro, are you okay?" Jimin asked worriedly noticing Jin's uneasy face and he shook his head letting out heavy sigh and then the only person that came yo his mind is you.

"Y/n should be at home at this time.." He muttered while checking the time on the wall clock.

"Try to call her." Jimin said after handing him a glass of water. He drank it all and handed it back to Jimin then reach his phone that was resting on his bed and quickly dial your number.

*Calling 'My Princess'*

You were waiting for Namjoon to come when your phone vibrates in your hand creating a buzz sound startling you a bit, you quickly answer it without looking at the caller's ID thinking that it was Namjoon.