Chapter 3: Let Your Heart Decide

Kim, Seokjin’s POV

I hurriedly went back to the school after receiving the call from my butler, Mr Chung. Getting back to school, I saw the Lamborghini, parked in front of the school gate with Mr Chung leaning on it.

“Your highness, where have you been?” he bows as he quietly asks me while I looked around to see if someone is around.

“I was with a friend.” I told and he looked shock as if he just heard the most nonsense words came out of my mouth and I couldn't help not to slip out a chuckle. His reaction was priceless. Mr Chung is like a family to me, he’s been my personal butler since I was a kid.

It took him a few seconds before he finally could utter words again.“A friend? I’m glad to hear that. May I know if who is it your highness?” he asked me with a proud smile appearing on his lips. He knew very well that I never made friends before.

“Nah, I’ll tell you next time, but all I can say for now is, she’s nice.” I muttered enough for him to hear and get inside of the car, I sat on the back seat leaving my shocked butler outside.

“She? My goodness! it’s a girl.” He sat on the driver seat looking back at me over his shoulder with a mischievous smirk on his face. Oh I know that smirk. He must be thinking of a way to tease me, knowing well that I've never been interested with girls. So hearing what I've said earlier pushed his mischievous button.

Not wanting to show him any reaction from mine, “Let’s just go home Mr Chung.” I chuckled and leaned back, looking down to my phone, hoping that she’ll text me. Why am I like this?

Arriving at house, the maids and butlers are all lined up to welcome me as if it's like this is my first time to come here, they all bowed at me as usual to show respect and I made sure to greet them back with my genuine smile. But to be honest, sometimes I’m not comfortable with it, there are times that I told them not to do those formality things at me but they would always say that they need it because it’s in the tradition and they might get their self fired if they will do that.

Heading directly to my room and plopped myself to my king sized bed, still in my uniform. Deciding not to let my father wait for long, I quickly changed into my clothes and head to my father’s office. As I get inside his office I saw a tall guy wearing a military uniform, back facing me as he say goodbye, bowed and was about to take his leave but stops when my father saw me and called me.

“Oh, you’re finally here. Come, I like you to meet Captain Namjoon Kim of the Alpha Team, Captain Namjoon this is my son Prince Seokjin.” My father proudly introduced me then the guy turned around and bowed at me.

“It’s an honor to meet you, your highness.” He smiled at me, he has two dimples. Hmm, I envy him for that.

“Same here, Captain Namjoon Kim.” I say, returning back the smile but no dimples. Haha.

“You may take your leave now Captain Namjoon Kim.” I heard my father said flashing him a genuine smile.

“Thank you your highness.” He says then taking a last bow to us and took his leave.

“Mr Chung says that you have something important to tell me, Father.”

“About that,” he paused then sat on his chair, face turning into a serious one. I guess this is really important. I took a seat in front of his desk waiting for him to continue but the next thing he says have just punched me in the stomach.. “You need to get married.” He says as if it's a normal thing to say which really surprised me, I didn’t know what to say even just a single word. His serious face was replaced by concern look. He wants me to get married but I’m still young for that and he’s still healthy enough for his position as a king. I took a deep breath to calm myself.

“May I ask if why?” I asked him curiously.

“I can’t tell you right now. But trust me son, I’m not doing this for myself it’s for your own good.” He said and I could see the hints of worried and a little bit of fear from his eyes. Why? He said it’s for my own good, but why he can’t tell the reason?

“Okay but can I request?” as I said the word 'Request' his eyes widened as he was surprised.

“It’s my first time to hear that word from you, what is it?” he asked

“Please allow me choose a girl that I will marry. This is my first and last request, father.” I stated my request then stood up and bowed to him, remaining on my position waiting for him to agree. It took 10 seconds until I heard him cleared his throat.

“Alright, since you said that this is your first and last request…you have my approval, son.” When I heard him agreed to my request I sighed in relief and stand straight.

“But make sure…whoever you will choose, it must be decided by your heart. In short, you’ll choose the one you love. You’re my only son and I don’t want to make things difficult to you.” he softly said with a concerned look on his face.

“Thank you, father.” I said and give him my brightest smile.

“You’re welcome my prince, you can go now.” He said and I just bowed at him and leave.

I went back to my room and sat on the edge of my bed. Then my phone vibrates showing that there’s a message from a new number, I opened it and read it.

???:
Hi.
This is Y/n.

My eyes widened and a smile crept up on the corner of my lips, I immediately saved her number and texted back feeling nervous. Wait, why am I acting like this?

Me:
Hello, what’s up?

Y/n:
Um, fine...

Me:
About Saturday, so are you free?

Y/n:
Yeah…

________________________________________________________________________

A/n:Yo! What's up?😎

Get ready for the next chapter. Why? Haha it's nothing actually.😂

Anyways, please consider to vote/comment on this chapter if you like it.

If you have some question or ideas/opinion regarding this book, feel free to message me.😊

Lots of love, keep safe!💋