Chapter 18: Personal Bodyguard

Author's POV

09:45 AM |At the palace's garden|

"Loving you is one of my mistakes...but...I didn't regret it..." His voice came out almost in a whisper tone, trying hard to catch more air as he still have something to tell her before he die, mustering all his strength, he lifted his hand, caressing her cheek and wiped away the warm tears streaming down from her eyes, looking at her face for the last time as long as he could.

"Always remember, I...love...you. Life or death, my love will stay the same. Be happy...with him...you deserve him...more than me..." His hand fell down to the floor as his eyes shut close, not breathing anymore.

"No, Hyun wake up! Please don't leave me! Stay with me please! No, no...please." She cried hugging his lifeless body, hoping he'll wake up but no...he can't anymore, his dead. "Hyun please wake up...I love you..." The words that came out from her quivering mouth realizing that it's him who she really love and not Wooji, but it's late... Too late... He's dead now.

"Oh my god I can't read this anymore..." You put the book down and wiped away your tears as you got carried away with the story. You looked around to see if someone saw you crying alone like an idiot there at the bench where you're sitting at.

You let out a sigh and checked the time on your phone, seeing the date telling it's Saturday today, you smiled as you're glad that today you can take a long rest, you smiled back at the maids who passed by at the garden, your starting to get along with the maids, butlers and even the securities, all the people inside the palace even the emperor as time goes by, you feel comfortable now at the palace, the place you felt home, with the only man you love, Jin.

Jin

The first one, your first friend, first boyfriend, first love....

You smile as you get the book and the pen on your pocket, flipping it to the last blank page, you wrote...