Part Two

Emi's P.O.V

        Kaname's mouth opened and he was about to speak when I cut him off. Everything he was doing now, was not going to affect me.  

        "Let me go, Kaname. In the present and in the future." Before I realized what I was saying, my mind had spoken on its,leaving me to only pray that he wouldn't catch on.

        Finally,  My hand slipped out of his and dropped to my side. I could feel my energy draining out of me as I closed my eyes and smiled peacefully. "Goodbye...kaname."  I whispered.

There was a bright light before I could feel my spirit leave my body. All the warmth of the world lost its grip on me until I felt empty.  When I opened my eyes, I saw Kaname holding my real body. Alarmed, I looked down at myself to see that I was transparent, as if a walking ghost. My thoughts couldnt even wander to how this was possible as everyone who had made their way on the roof now, silently cried and paid their respects to my body. I turned from them, to Kaname as he quietly grieved over my body.  

Finally, I forced myselft to ignore him, not really wanting to have my emotions messed with at the moment. Instead, I slowly walked over to Senri and Rima. She sobbed into his shoulder and he took her away. As they left, I instinctively wiped a tear from Rimas cheek,causing her eyes to go wide.  I realized too late that it was a mistake as she tried to push away from Senri, yelling my name as her tears dripped onto her shirt.  I started walking back to my body, and Shiki took her away, having to carry her.

 Everyone soon left, but the one to remain was Kaname.  He held me in his arms, not wanting to let go. I looked down at him unfazed until my attention was caught.

 "Emi... Emi we must go."

 The voice from before rang. it was an echo again but it sounded familiar. A light appeared justoff the edge of the roof. It was immensly bright and at the entrance a hand was held out. I looked at it then back at Kaname.  It must be my time.  I'll finally be able to rest.  Kaname would have to let go... and I would have to leave.

 I turned back to the light and reached for the hand.  All at once, everything rushed at me, making me close my eyes.  I stayed like that for a few minutes until a new voice rang. "Open your eyes, dear."  It told me.  I did as told and showed the icy blue of my eyes. They went wide with shock and surprise as in front of me... were my parents. 

Kazumi, my mother, and Hikaru, my father. My eye returned to their normal size and I chuckled. "Look who was my guide."  My fathers' handsome features spread into a smile as he stood beside my mother. She wore the same red dress as that night. Her pale face gentle like Juri's.  My mother nodded and her voice rang like bells.

"You were perfect dear." She smiled.

 I nodded with my own happiness slightly on my face.  My fathers' hand touched my cheek as he looked down at me with gentle eyes. "You did not live a happy life Emi. Your destiny was harder for us to read, as it changed frequently." He started. He carressed my cheek with his thumb.  I placed a hand over his and smiled.  My mother walked up to us and ran her hand through my hair. We looked alike, I was a mirror image now.

 "Juri and I told Kaname to erase your memories. Before our time ended, all of this was what we saw. We planned to guide you." She said. " Kaname loved you. like his own sister. He agreed to protect you by erasing your memories-"

I cut her off and nodded. "I know." I stated.  " Rejection was the only way to let me finally be at ease. Somehow, I realize this now. Also...I'm glad he has Yuki now, but I won't forgive that he used me as a pawn."  I frowned.  My parents stood beside each other with understanding looks.

"Emi. We love you.  Are you ready to rest with us?"  They asked.

 I closed my eyes and held my hands in front of me. I remembered how I had laid at night, wanting this. Wanting it all to end.  But now that this moment was here, I didn't want to reach for it.  Did I fear death?  Death that I was ready to hand Rido over to?

"I cant. Im not ready." I answered.

To my surprise, they smiled and nodded.  "What do you have in mind?" my father asked.  I looked at them.

" I wish to live a true life. I wish to have another chance to be happy. I ask for you to lend me your powers."  I pleaded.  My parents looked at eachother and then at me.  They both wrapped their arms around my body and pulled me close. The room was bright, making it look as if we floated in the sky.  

"Our dear daughter," my mother started.  They stroked my hair and held me tight.

 "We love you. Do what you have to do, we will always be here." My father finished.

 "We give you our blessings." They said in unison.  A glow emanated from their chests until it engulfed all of us.  when it dimmed, I was alone in the bright room. There was a light golden glow on my chest that dimmed down.   I looked at it and smiled, then pressed my hand against my chest and closed my eyes. Suddenly, supressed memories came flooding back into my mind, intertwined with my parents power.

Lastly, I saw her. Her pink hair, and matching eyes. She formed out of nothing and stood before her.  I felt it necessary to take  a deep breath. "Its time to start anew... Aerith."