Part Two- Return

Emi rested silently on her bed in the dim room. Her long blonde hair spread carelessly around her. Her hands folded above her stomach as she took slow breaths.  Her light blue eyes remained closed and her face peaceful. Kaname sat by her side, his hand on top of hers.  His eyes longed to see her wake up.But she couldnt. She was not ready to return from her created realm. Using so much power had exhausted her.  Slowly draining her part of the heart in Aerith was exhausting her too. And healing Kaname's and Genesis's wounds just added to it.  Kaname was growing worried. If she didnt wake up, she would disappear.  He kissed her forehead gently and stroked her cheek.  "Please Emi. Open your eyes." He begged. 

        In the other room, Aerith was sitting on the bed with the worried Genesis. He was not just worried for Emi. But for Aerith too. He looked down at the ground with empty eyes. 30 years was all he had with Emi. And it had been less than a week with Aerith, who he was already fond of.  Aerith too was worried. She didnt want to disappear. But she didnt want Emi to disappear. She attempted a smile as she placed a hand above Genesis's.  He looked up at her.  "It'll be ok." She said. Her light voice soothed him, but the sadness was noticeable. She cupped Genesis's face and looked him in the eyes. He was lost in the red of her eyes, the kindness of her sad smile.

        "Your a good man." She started, stroking his cheek with her thumb.  Genesis placed his hand on top of hers, still cupping his face.  "Promise me you won't be sad. And promise me you'll take care of Emi." She said. Genesis's heart ached. What was she going to do? He didnt want to loose either of them. "I promise." He whispered with a small smile. Aerith nodded and tilted her head. Slowly, she brought Genesis's face closer as they both shut their eyes. Soon, their lips met, and savored eachothers touch. Aerith ran her hand through Genesis's hair as he held a hand on her cheek. The other on her waist, keeping her close. 

        Aerith's heart was being found. Her true feelings were returning.  They pulled away slowly and looked at each others eyes. Their foreheads touched as they closed their eyes sadly. "Dont forget me, Genesis." Aerith whispered. Genesis kissed her forehead. "I wont." He promised. Aerith smiled and they stood up.  They walked over to Emi's room. Genesis caught her hand just before they opened the door. " Tell me you'll come back." Genesis said. Aerith looked at him sadly.

Genesis's face saddened as Aerith turned to the door. Her hand slipped from his and she didn't say a word. They walked inside the room, to see Emi still on the bed and Kaname by her side. He seemed to be in just as much pain as Genesis. If not more. Aerith walked over to Emi's bed and Kaname stood up. He stood beside Genesis, watching carefully. "I'm sorry I waste so much of your energy." Aerith whispered as she removed a strand of hair from Emi's face.

 She smiled. "I cant thank you enough for letting me live. For letting me meet the world, if only for a little while." She continued. Genesis looked away, the pain in his chest being unbearable. Kaname kept his eyes fixed.  "That's why now, I will let you live." Aerith giggled. A tear ran down her cheek as she stood up again.  "Thank you, Emi."  Was all she said. She placed her hands in front of her chest and then spread them forward. A white orb floated above her palms, following her movements.

 The orb had a shiny light to it as it hovered above her palm. Her other hand touched her chest again and retracted another orb. The two half's. Her soul. Her Emotion. Genesis looked at her finally, the pain shooting form his eyes. Kaname noticed this and looked at him, then back at Emi lying on the bed. Aerith took a step closer to her. She set her left hand down on Emi's chest. The orb glowed and entered her body, making Emi's chest lift. Aerith then proceeded to use her right hand. She touched Emi's chest again. The orb entered with another glow.

For a second it was silent. Then, Emi's body had a light blue cloak around it. Aerith stood watching  as she received the same cloak.  From Emi's shining chest, a misty white spread out like silk. Aerith's body slowly started to become transparent as the mist held on to her. She started to turn into something llike that of the mist. Connecting with it and being pulled into Emi.  The lower half of her body disappeared. Genesis couldnt take it anymore. "Aerith!" He called,  taking a step closer. Aerith turned her head enough to look at him. She smiled sadly as her last half disappeared.