The Puppeteer Sword

Emi stood up. Her shoulders slouched as if she were a puppet and her head hung to the side. The darkened sword she held hung lazily at her side. Her lips spread into a smile, showing off her fangs stained in blood. The golden eyes which belonged to her fixed on Kaname. Suddenly, her face turned into a scowl. "Bastard." She hissed through clenched teeth. She raised her blade up with two hands and brought it back. "Everything i hate... Must die!" She yelled, she charged forward and Kaname instantly brought the golden sword up in defense. The two swords collided with a clash as he blocked her attack. Emi jumped back and landed on one knee.

Kaname set the sword in front of him as Emi rose again. "I dont wish to hurt you, Emi." He said. His eyes reflecting the pain he felt. Emi acted as if she didnt even hear him. She was slowly being lost to her own corrupted darkness. Kaname felt her golden sword shake in its hand. Was it pleading for its master? He looked down at it as it glowed. The hilt slipped from its hand and the blade stroke at Emi. She lifted her sword up horizontally, blocking the attack. Her fierce eyes narrowed in angered. Her armor glowed at her chest and she grunted in pain. The light emanated towards the hilt of her golden sword, slowly forming a shape. "What is this?!" She demanded, still holding the dark blade up.

The light continued to leave her chest until it formed a figure holding the hilt of the golden sword. Emi let out a growl as the light finished. Genesis's eyes went wide. Now there were to women. The holder of the dark blade. And the holder of the golden blade. The girl holding the long golden blade wore an armor similar to Emi's. Her armor had was a long thick dress with slits that whent up to her thigh. The dress was striped and dark black. The same markings as in Emi's face were on the girls thighs and hands as well as face. Only hers were shining golden not red. Her once red eyes were as golden as Emi's. The sword in her hands transformed and was enveloped in lightning.

"Aerith!" Genesis called. Emi hissed at Aerith with clenched teeth as Aerith did the same.

 " Aerith, what is the meaning of this?!" Emi yelled at her. Her pink hair seemed lighter now, as did Emi's. Aerith's features returned to a wise one. 

"I'm putting and end to the darkness that holds your heart, Emi!" 

Emi chuckled and flipped back. Aerith followed her movements. Emi stood straight, her head up with a boasting smirk. Aerith stood in the same posture but with much more authority. "Dark you say?" Emi laughed. "The only 'darkness' is the one coming from this tainted world!" She growled, clenching her fist. Aerith took a step closer. 

 "You hold too much power, Emi. The misfortunes your life has brought you has darkened your abilities." Aerith explained.

 Emi pointed her sword at Aerith. "Silence!" her voice boomed. The blade she held grew shadows that wrapped around it, starting at the hilt.

 Aerith shook her head and held the golden sword up, its lightning zipping around it. " I'll lock away your power, Emi. I won't let you become corrupted by it!" She declared, charging at Emi. 

Emi brought her sword back and charged as well. " If you stand against me and not with me, " She started, clashing swords with Aerith. "Ill kill you as well." She vowed. Aerith turned her wrist, swiping left at Emi's sword.

Kaname took a step forward but was stopped by Genesis. "Move. They'll kill each other!" 

Genesis shook his head. "They're the only ones who can stop this. If we interfere we'll be the ones who die."   Kaname sighed and stepped back, realizing this was true. Whatever happens will be up to Emi and Aerith. 

Emi found and opening when Aerith was about to strike down. She gave a swift kick and sent Aerith flying across the courtyard. She finally came to a stop at a nearby wall. Emi stopped a few feet in front of her. As the dust cleared, Aerith used the sword to hoist herself out of the small crater. A small amount of blood ran down her chin. She brought herself to her feet and looked at Emi. "You still think you can defeat me?" Emi asked, tilting her head to the side. 

Aerith clenched her fist. " Wake up dammit!" She demanded. Her fist pushed forward, hitting Emi in the gut and throwing her back. Her sword skid to a stop a few feet away.

Aerith walked up to her, pinning her down. She stabbed the tip of the sword down just beside her face. Emi chuckled. "You think you scare me? Luz is my sword. It obeys me as it's master." She boasted. The golden sword beside her face continued zipping its lightning.

 A strand of hair fell over Aerith's face as she hung her head. "Not as long as you have Oscura. Emi... you need to wake up." She said. Emi laid her head on the pavement and looked up, her eyes unfazed. Her hand outstretched toward the direction of the Oscura, lying a few feet away. "You have people who love you... who care for you." Aerith said. Emi looked at her now. "Dont throw it all away!" Aerith shouted at her.

The courtyard became quiet. Emi's lips lifted into a small smile. "Aerith..." She whispered. Aerith's eyes went wide as she looked at her face. The real Emi. "End this." Emi said. Aerith eyed her. Suddenly, Oscura skid over the ground and ended in Emi's hand. Her armor spread further to her face as her eyes went wide. "Hurry Aerith! " She shouted. Aerith nodded and blocked the attack of Emi's sword. She slammed her left hand down on Emi's chest and wind shot up. A circle formed around both girls as the wind grew in speed, sending both their hair to fall out of its bindings and blow in the wind. Aerith closed her eyes as the circle glowed. Words of enchantments escaped her lips. Emi's eyes went wide and shifted from gold to blue. Aerith's remained closed with a concentrated expression. Kaname and Genesis eyed them, taking a step forward.

 'Come back, Emi. I've finally proven it after all.' Kaname thought, as the light engulfed the two girls.