Possible Murder

-THE NEXT DAY-

Emi's P.O.V

"I see.  Keeping Zero in line this way seems fine."  I told Kaname.  He had just informed me about the request Yuki asked him.  He decided that Zero would stay in the day class, but with an old vampire hunter taming method.  "Im glad you feel that way"  he replied getting up.  I got no sleep last night thinking about what happened.  I stared at Kaname's back as we made our way to the gates.  "One more thing Emi."  he said looking at me over his shoulder.  "Hm?"  I asked looking up at him.  "We have a new,  Hunter joining us.  "  i had a confused gaze at first and then I sighed with an evil grin.  "Oh dear...  So my old friend Yagari has returned? "  he nodded, and smiled.  "Try not to kill him."  Shiki muttered to me as he walked by.  I rolled my eyes.  "Oh because im sooo dangerous!"    i rolled my eyes.  "Around him you are."  Kain told me.  Kaname chuckled, and I followed.            

        -LATER THAT NIGHT-

Tonight was Ichijou's birthday and I had straightened my hair and gotten dressed for the occasion.  Aidou and Kain were sent by Ichijou to escort Yuki to our dorms.  Knowing Aidou he sent me after them.  Now im on top of a tree watching as Yuki and... Zero,  point their weapons at them.  I sighed from seeing Zero, but jumped off the branch landing perfectly on the ground.  "  Please lower your weapons, they mean no harm."  i said with my eyes closed as i dusted off my clothes.  Zero eyed my but did nothing and Yuki put her weapon away.  "The vice president of our dorm told us to escort you"  Kain said.  "Now put that thing away.  It's dangerous."  he told Zero gesturing to the gun aimed at his head.  "Zero."  i cautioned.  He looked at me and closed his eyes, putting away the Bloody Rose.  "Welcome to the Moon Room Dormitory.  The three of us will be your escorts."  Aidou said bowing.  "Please after you"  i smiled stepping out of the way.

        On our way to where Kaname was, all the other guests, being vampires, stared at us.  One of them lifted 3 daggers.  "Away."  i warned glaring at him.  He winced and dropped them.  Everyone else continued to stare.  "It's alright, return to the party."  I told them all and they seemed to return to their business.  "Emi..."  Zero started I ignored him and continued on ahead of them to where Kaname was sitting.  " Kain take them to see Ichijou." i said walking away.  He nodded and i could hear the birthday boy greeting them.   "We are no way similar to vampires who are originally human. Please dont compare us to them."  I heard Aidou say as Ichijou explained to Yuki about the Level E's.  I stopped walking and turned around.  "Aidou!  Watch your mouth."  i hissed lowly.  He inched away and nodded.   I looked at Zero, who had a thankful smile.  "They were following my orders"  Kaname's voice was heard.  We all turned to him.  "Im the one who told Takuma and Senri, to hunt down the level E today.  "  I walked over to where he was and leaned against the wall closing my eyes.  "It was you Kaname?!"  yuki asked surprise.  He turned his attention to her.  "Yuki, im surprised you would come to such a dangerous place simply beause Takuma asked you to."  He ran his hand through his hair.  "Come over here, Yuki"  he said.  "Zero"  he added.  I opened my eyes at the sound of his name.  Avoidance can be so difficult.  I though rubbing my temples.  Kaname asked her to sit beside him and e very woman in the room tensed up.   Including myself.  I stayed where i was, but glared at her conspicuously.   "Im fine here!"  she said nervously, noticing our glares.  "Yuki"  he said once more.  She gave up and sat down.  Zero stood next to me but i payed no attention to him.  He was busy watching Yuki and I was busy watching Kaname.  He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer.  "Yuki, beside me is the safest place to be."  he said softly.  A small growl escaped my lips and Zero turned to me.  "Excuse me."  I muttered closing my eyes and walking away from where Kaname was.  I stood next to Shiki and Rima who looked at me worriedly.  "I should have left."  i muttered.  Rima put a hand on my arm and had sad eyes.  "Rima, im not feeling so well, ill see you later."   I said walking into the crowd.  If I stay any closer,  It will only end in heartbreak.  I opened my eyes, which were now red and everyone around me backed away as I Sat alone on a bench.  "I hate how I love you, Kaname"  i muttered to myself.

  I stayed a little while until Kaname kissed Yuki's scratch from earlier.  Then i got up from the bench and walked away, not caring who followed or who saw me.  I walked out of the dorms and towards the fountain, that always brought me at peace.  I sat down on the edge and made a path with my finger.  "So you couldnt stand it either?"  A voice asked from behind, making me jump.  "Zero!  Dont scare me like that!"  i said looking at him from the corner of my eye.  He sat next to me on the fountain.  We were quiet for a while he just looked at the path i made on the water, with my finger.  "You said 'either'.  I take it you like Yuki."  I said not looking at him.  "Yeah..."  He muttered.  "Then why did you kiss me?!"  i snapped, looking at him.  "Because i like you too."  He smiled.  "......"  i stood quiet as he put his hand on my cheek.  He started to lean in until his lips were on top of mine,  hovering over them.  "Zero,  im sick of letting people play with my emotions."  I said putting his hand down and pushing him away softly.   He grabbed my wrist and laid me down on the fountains edge.  "z-zero."  i gasped from the sudden surprise.  "He leaned down on top of me and smiled lightly.  "I promise.  I wont treat you the way Kaname does.  Ill make you see how important you are to me."  he whispered planting his lips on top of mine passionately.  He stayed like that for a few seconds and then... i found myself kissing back.  My eyes closed slowly and i wrapped   my arms around his neck pulling him closer.   He pulled away for a second and looked at me.  "I like Yuki... But i love you."  he said and then kissed me again.  Only this time it was stronger.

Again, the questions ringed through my head.  This time there was a spark, i felt it.  Were my feelings for Kaname still here?....

    As Zero's lips clashed into mine,  the only  thing -no only one, i could think about was Kaname.  How did I feel now.  My heart hurt, but not from heart ache.  It felt like it didnt belong... to anybody. Zero kept kissing me,  all i did was hold on to his shirt, his hair.  Did I love Zero...or Kaname?

        "Kiryu!"  His sudden voice shocked my eyes into opening and i threw Zero off.  "Kaname!"  i gasped.  He was standing straight, his bangs covering his face.  His hands balled into fists.  "What?"  Zero hissed walking back next to me.  I stood up behind Zero too afraid to move.   "  Dont.  Touch.  Her.  Again."  Kaname shot back.  Zero smirked and held my hand.  "Or what?  You have Yuki, after all."  I looked at him, then at our hands.  "Kaname I-"  "I said dont touch her!"  Kaname yelled at him.  His eyes were the bloody rest color of us vampires.  The air around him evolved into tsunamis of wind.  I felt my hand being pulled away from Zero's and when i opened my eyes,  Zero had been thrown into the fountain, destroying it in the process.   "Zero!!"  I yelled reaching for him.  He held out a hand to stop me and got up by himself,  pulling out his gun and pointing it towards Kaname.  "You really think that little toy  will kill me?  You've shot her.  You've hurt her!"  Kaname yeleld back at Zero.  I noticed Kaname was getting read to attack.  I blinked and it happened.  They charged.  "STOP!!"  I yelled standing in between them,  the atmosphere changed.  I could sense their anger still blazing but they stopped their attack.  The wind blew, blowing my hair back.  A pair of warm arms wrapped around me when the wind stopped.  I looked up to see the beautiful face which i so loved.  "Kaname..." i whispered.  He smiled and lifted my chin.  Fom the corner of his eyes, he looked at Zero.  "She's mine, Kiryu."  He growled.  My eyes went wide as I felt his soft lips brush into mine.  With such passion.  My cheeks trunde red, and I found my fingers making their way to his hair.  He deepened the kiss, as Zero had done but this time no sparks  were felt.  Fireworks were felt.  I kissed back and it felt like we were the only to people in the world.  Everything around us was black, the spotlight shining on us.  "She's mine..."  His words played in my head bringing a smile onto my face.  He pulled away to and looked into my eyes with a smile, then turned to Zero.  His lavender eyes were now wide with both confusion and shock.  "Your still here?  I thought she made it clear who she had feelings for."  Kaname growled at him with a frown, puling me closer. "Emi..."  Zero muttered, his eyes shrinking down into sadness.   I looked up at Kaname then back at him.  Kaname was the one I loved, it was definite.  Zero frowned but then put his gun away and left.

         I looked back up at Kaname, the wind blowing past us.  So he really loved?  But what about Yuki?  And I hurt Zero.  He looked down at me and smiled, saying something that broke me....