Taken

Normal P.O.V

A week had passed since Emi's and Kaname's night together. Since then, he hadnt even seen her. She didnt leave her door unlocked, nor did she step out of her office. Now, she held the hilt of her sword tightly in her hand. The small clank coming from the blade as it tapped the ground. She looked at her reflection in it. The face of an angel. The power of a devil. Her blue eyes had gotten rather empty. Nor did she feel the same emotion as she did long ago. Having it all bottled in for 30 years, did no good. She lacked so much now. Especially at a moment like this. Having the council on her tail for killing a pureblood. Having Kaname chasing after her like a lost puppy. And now her beloved students who were like her own children. When some of them thought they couldnt take it anymore without blood, she would always invite them to her office. Spending extra nights with those who needed the extra lessons on their studies. They themselves had gotten close to her. 23 all together. 2 being Aidou and Kaname. 1 being Genesis. and the 20- others who followed her until the end. She had to protect her students. Now she understood why Headmaster Kain had gotten so attached to Cross Academy.

With a sigh, she turned on her heal and walked out of the room. A light swoosh could be heard by her dress behind her. And there was the clank of the sword. The one she died with. Only now, with her powers, whenever it was in her hands it gained golden inscriptions on it. Most of it was now decorated in gold. Her hair was picked up now, in a bun at the back though her bangs fell just above her eyes. She silently walked to the Eastern Wing Fields until the crowd of students came into view. Reports from Genesis stated they had gotten better. Now, Emi would prove it. They all turned their heads and let her pass to the middle of the field where she stood straight, her sword stabbed into the ground in front of her. She looked like a goddess or a knight.

Kaname walked up closer to the center, standing besides Genesis. Emi payed no attention. She only closed her eyes, letting the students know it was time for their lesson. The wind blew on her bangs, until her eyes shot open. Instead of blue, they were the bloody bright red. Her hair blew upward as the ground below her glowed. The sword's tip on the ground caused cracks and made the students back up. Her sword started to make a chirping noise as if  hundreds of birds were chirping wildly. In the next second, the entire blade was glowing in whips of lightning. She raised the sword, her hair still blowing. Aidou lifted his hands, bringing up two large dummies made from ice. Emi charged at them, the current of bolts following the blades movements. She jumped up in the air, Holding her sword two- handedly. She brought the blade down, creating such bright light, a dome enveloped her and the dummies. The explosion of thunder was heard afterward.

The students stayed in shock. She seemed so innocent. And in reality, she could kill and army of armed men. Their wide eyes quivered as the image dimmed. Even Kaname and Genesis had never seen this side of her. The light ended with a flash, and in the middle of the field stood Emi. Her hair still in its bindings and her sword now at her side, the tip resting on the ground. The area which was covered by the dome, was now a burned crater. The dummies werent even seen. The students burst out into cheers and applause. Emi looked up and smiled at them. She opened her mouth to tell them how to do it, but the wind blew by. An aura like none other brushed past her, sending her eyes wide. 

Kaname looked dead behind her, right into the trees of the starting forest. The students turned dead silent. Genesis took a step forward with a slight growl. Emi held up a hand and made everyone freeze in command. She slowly turned and took a step back toward the crowd. Out of the trees, at least 30 figures stepped out. More and more joined until it was at least 50. The black hoods over some of them sent chills down your back. Emi remained with her eyes narrowed into an unsure glare. She didnt trust them. At all. A man stepped forward from the arriving crowd. He removed the hood to reveal a middle aged man in at least his late 20's. The silver hair properly held back into its bindings. Aristocrat vampire. He smiled. 

"Kamino Cai." He introduced, a hand over his chest. 

"Who are you?" Emi asked, her voice strong. The man's smile grew. "I am head of the council."

  Kaname and Genesis both had slightly wide eyes. The students were a bit confused, but they sensed the bad intentions coming from Cai. Emi seemed unfazed. She straightened up. "What can I help you with, Gentlemen? " 

Cai grinned and stepped forward with a hand in his cloak. Emi's grip on her sword tightened as he pulled his hand out. But instead, he held up a small record book. "Rido Kuran. Murdered 30 years. The murderer lurks unpunished." Cai started. Kaname took a step closer but Emi held her hand out. "Emi Tsukiyomi." He started again. "Murderer of Rido Kuran." He finished. The crowd behind him let out a couple growls. "Punishment for the killing of a pureblood-" He was cut off by Emi speaking. 

"Is death. I'm aware of that."    

Cai smirked and tilted his head. "Are you now?" He asked. His hand lashed out with a golden dagger. Jabbing the dagger into Emi's shoulder, he backed away as she screamed in pain. A holy dagger. Burning from even the touch. Emi clasped her shoulder as her blood dripped down. She fell to one knee, dropping the sword beside her. Everyone turned into a frenzy. Kaname was the first to lunge forward, instantly blowing vampires out of his way. It didn't last. He was outnumbered and was soon pinned to the ground. Genesis was next. His eyes red as he appeared here and there. The students came last, lashing at the elders. 

Cai stood in front of Emi again as everyone was distracted. Kaname hopelessly keeping his eyes on her. "You will be trialed for public execution in front of the council. " He laughed. Two of his men hoisted her up by her arms. Kaname broke free and beat on the men holding him. He kicked Cai to the side and stood protectively in front of Emi. 

 "Run! Go, now!" He yelled at her over his shoulder. A council men charged at him with his claws and Kaname used his arm to block it. Emi stared up at him from the ground. "Run!" Kaname repeated again. Emi shook her head and stood up. 

"You've proven it." She whispered. Kaname looked over his shoulder at her with wide eyes again. He opened his mouth to say something when Genesis was thrown at him. They were both knocked across the field by Cai. 

" Fools!" He growled, wiping the blood off the side of his mouth. He turned to Emi again. "You! Get up!" He growled, hoisting her up by the neck. Her feet didn't even touch the ground. Kaname let out another growl as he stood up from the encrusted tree he landed in.

 "Damn you're heavy." Genesis muttered under him. 

 Cai turned, dragging Emi beside him. Kaname ran forward, His hand glowing at his claws. Emi's hopeless eyes fixed on him as he was piled by council members again. She pulled her gaze away and finally disappeared with Cai. Left behind, were his army and the students. Kaname looked around frantically for Emi. As did Genesis. 

 Genesis uppercut a council member and stood beside Kaname. "They took her!" He informed. Kaname whipped his head towards him. One of the council members stood at the center of the field, holding up a golden Rosary. The vampire rose it into the air. "dimittere lucem sanctam Dei!" He yelled. The rosary glowed with bright light that enveloped the field. For Kaname and the students, everything went black.