Maria

Emi's P.O.V.

Kaname's familiar smiling face showed as he looked down at me. My own lips themselves, started to curl up into a smile. Until he spoke.

"Thank you for playing along." He said. My lips froze where they were and confusion struck me like lightning. "W-what?" i managed to croak out. "Thank you for playing along with the kiss. I was sure that it would get zero to stop forcing himself on you." He replied. Each word struck me like a needle. But of course, realization was there. The kiss that i had so cherished, was unrequited. Kaname had only kissed me, so the man that was stealing away the woman he loved, would feel pain. The same pain im feeling now. I dropped my head and tightened my chest. He deserved to feel the same pain as I. And if he was going to receive it... the best time was now. "He didnt force himself on me." I hissed, looking only at the floor. There was a pause before kaname spoke again. "So, you kissed him.... on your own free will?" he questioned, a hint of anger in his tone. This would hurt me more then him... but I couldnt hold it in anymore. The pain would be that of knowing his best friend, kissed his enemy.

"Yes, i kissed him." i admitted. Again there was another pause, more painful than the last. "You betrayed me." He hissed. My hands curled into fists and i looked up at him. "I betrayed you?! Last time I checked, Zero hasnt done anything! And you and me are not lovers, so i've never betrayed you!" i yelled at him, tears threatening to fall but i blinked them back. Kaname stood there shocked and in pain. "You betrayed me, Kaname! No matter what I do, you never understand my feelings! You betrayed me!" I yelled again. By now my small fists were banging onto his chest, as if he could feel the pain. "When? When have I betrayed you?" he hissed loud enough for me to hear. "That night, years ago. When you promised we were forever best friends." I growled at him. My fists now just clung to his shirt, regretting what they had done.

" Im the betrayer? " He asked hinting anger. "Yes! Do you know the pain , you've put me through?! Every day is hell for me! Having to be by your side. Always there for you.... but you never notice. Im invisible!" I yelled again. My arms dropped to my side, finishing their job. "The only person you see... is Yuki. And sadly-" i paused and looked up at him. "Im not her." I finished. The wind blew around us, and nothing but and uncomfortable silence surround us. He didnt say anything. He didnt even deny it about yuki. "Your the traitor. And right now, I much prefer Zero. At least he understands and sees my feelings." I spat at Kaname. I took one last look into his eyes and walked away, feeling broken. "Emi-" "leave me alone Kaname. As you said, we betrayed each other." i finally told him. I left him by the fountain and continued to my room, dodging anyone in my way.
I collapsed on my bed. The pain left me feeling as if i had torn open a hole in my heart. My eyes were glazed over, showing no emotion. I locked the door, after numerous worried friends continued to question and knock. Right now the only thing a broken doll like me would want, was to be left alone to slowly repair herself. Because for me, anyone im with is apparently the wrong person.

It's been about a week. A week since the drama. The kiss. The fight. I havnt even seen Kaname since. Matter of fact, i havnt seen anyone. Slowly I let myself be engulfed by the darkness of my room. Just stare off into nothing. Holding on to that small part of reality that keeps me in touch with the world. Its small things like hate, envy, and love, that now keep me here.

Rima and Shiki, have tried numerous, times to open my door. Only to have me blow them away or freeze the door shut again. Kain set the hall on fire. Probably scolded by Kaname. Even Aidou, was caring. He tried to bring me my blood tablets. But with no luck. I crushed them between my fingers and showed him to the door. Just about everyone came to visit. Even Zero. But of course, no Kaname.

I shifted in bed again, wearing my black dress, long enough to touch my knees, i walked to my window. Hopelessly i stared off into the moon. The one place where nothing seemed to matter. I clutched my chest, feeling the mourning pain in my chest. ,y eyes glazed over like they've done for the past week or so. I showed nothing. Not even the slightest hint. Outside, i could feel the pain of my followers. Some level E's. Others the night class. Having a depressed pureblood was never good. Especially if she slipped away now and then. I didnt look like a pure blood anymore. Slowly, due to my refusing the blood tablets, ive lost my color. More at least. My cheeks became hollow and skinny, bags under my eyes. A mess. And all because of him....