The End Is Only The Behinning

Emi's P.O.V

I was awoken by the soft knock on my door. I sat up in bed and , already being dressed, told the person to come in. The door opened and closed to reveal Ichijou. The look on his face was very sad. "Yes Ichijou?" i asked softly. He had not really done anything to me, so i held a soft spot for him.. As well as Rima, Shiki and Kain. Ichijou sat on my bed and looked at the floor. "Kaname and I are heading over to the day dorms. About the ball." I narrowed my eyes and looked at him. "About her and the ball. Correct?" i asked only so he could hear. He nodded. "I know this is painful for you but-"

"so he's finally asking her?" i thought outloud. Ichijou looked taken back. "Your not upset?" He asked. I shook my head 'no' and looked out my window. "I always knew... that i was not the one he would ask. It doesnt surprise me." I replied. Ichijou gave me is apologetic look. "I see. Ill see you at the ball as well then, dont forget. You promised." he joked. I chuckled and turned to him, nodded and gave him a hug. "You should have left. Saved yourself the unnecessary pain." He whispered over my shoulder. "I know. " was all i said. He patted my back like a big brother and then pulled apart and stood up. "I have to go. See you soon. And dont forget the box." he said, tossing the present for yuki over at me. I easily caught it and nodded.

Later on when i woke up again, there was a highly detailed note on my nightstand. i picked it up and my eyes slid through the words. I received word of what had happened between Maria, or should i say Shizuka Hio, and Zero. As well as the wound to Yagari by Ichirou. I continued to read until i found kaname's requests. Two objectives, Protect Yuki at all costs, and kill Shizuka Hio.

I picked up the stupid gift box from my bed and continued to the day dorms. I dropped it off in front of her door and walked off as i smelled the scent of her human friend. I made my way back to my room but kept a look out for any signs of Maria. Guess my plan for now, was to blend in with the ball act and use it to complete my objectives. I slipped into my black and red dress, patting it so it wouldnt wrinkle. I also lid on my black gloves and placed the bloody red bow on the back of my head. As for my hair, i straightened it and let it flow down my back. Rima left me a black lace choker with a red gem on it. It had a ntoe saying "please, wear it" i pleased her and wrapped it around my neck then walked out of my room.

I arrived at the ball room just after Yuki. Zero and I locked eyes, but i quickly pulled away and walked past them. "Good evening Yuki, headmaster, Zero." I nodded my head stopping beside Cross. "Yuki promise me a dance, alright?" I smiled and after her shy nod, turned on my heel and entered the room. I brushed past the night class and stood near a wall where i could keep an eye on everything. "So you came." i voice behind me asked. I looked over my shoulder to see Kaname on the terrace. I walked out enough so the music inside was dim. "I promised Ichijou and it was upon your request." He nodded and smiled. "Thank you." I didnt replied, just crossed my eyes and leaned against the doors. "Ill kill her first chance i get." I finally spoke. Kaname looked at me. "Actually i have changed my mind. Your new objectives are to protect yuki, and the students." I clenched my fists slightly but nodded. "As you wish." he frowned and turned back around. "Kaname." A girls voice called from the terrace entrance. Kaname and I turned in unison to see yuki. "Ill go." i said and walked away inside. I walked inside and scowled at the sight of everyone. Ichijou dancing. Rima and shiki, dancing. Everyone but the glum image of Zero leaning against a wall. I walked past him and out the ball room. I stood outside, the wind blowing past me and kept a lookout. "You stupid girl..." I tensed up and looked around. Everything around me changed and in front of me stood the image of Shizuka Hio. "What do you want?" I hissed. She chuckled and smiled. "Your so Innocent. Dont forget my words. Tonight you will perish. Time will not wait for you." She laughed. I growled. "Stop the nonsense!" I demanded. She continued laughing. "By now, that stupid girl. She will have probably betrayed Kaname. " Yuki. What did she mean by 'betrayed' it hit me. "So you plan to use Yuki's affection for Zero as a way for you to obtain the corpse of Kaname Kuran? Sick. You never learn" I spat. For a second she showed anger. "The only way to save Zero... oh wait. She's already coming to me. How foolish." She chuckled. Her image fadded away and i returned to the ball entrance. Zero... I didnt have time to think about him. Yuki was an idiotic fool who's getting herself in trouble. And Kaname... wanted dead? I shook my head, clearing out the confusion and- my head perked up and suddenly i caught the scent of Yuki. Maybe just minutes ago, but she ran past me. I followed her scent and started to run in her direction. "Yuki!"