Our Lover's Eternity

Kaname and Genesis covered their eyes as the light grew. Aerith's words became louder until it was the only thing you could hear. Finally, Emi's scream echoed through the courtyard and everything faded. Everything turned to white as the world became a blank canvas. Emi opened her eyes to be found in her 'world'- her dimension.  

Within the sanctuary of her faux world, the roses continued to fall and everything was pure. The coffin, however, was gone. Emi smiled and stood up at the center of the room. Her long white dress trailing behind her. 

 "Welcome back." 

 Emi turned to the short staircase. At the top was a small throne. The silver throne chair with velvet red cushions holding its master. Poised at the top, with her hands on her lap was Aerith. Her long pink hair falling freely down her back. Around her forehead was the silver crown. A blue gem at the center. She wore a dress similar to Emi's as well. Aerith stood up as Emi walked up to the thrown. Their hands touched as they smiled.

A brace, similar to Aerith's appeared around her forehead. Only Emi's had a yellow stone. It made Emi smile, knowing Aerith always did like theatrics.   

 "Thank you. You saved me from my own tainted soul." She said. Aerith returned her smile. 

"I was doing what you told me. After all, you promised me I would return. You promised me the life I wasn't given the luxury of living.  How would that happen if we lost you?" Emi chuckled and shook her head. 

"You still have a lot to learn ." Aerith nodded sadly, knowing it was true. "But you did well." Emi said, touching her cheek. Aerith giggled and smiled with her eyes closed.

 Emi took her hand and they walked to the center of the floor. "I see why mom and dad hid me in you, Emi." Aerith said.

 Emi turned to her now, her shock reaching the pit of her stomach. "You knew?" She asked. No surprise in her voice. Aerith nodded. "You were born with a flaw. I was merely the one to return what was yours. " Aerith said, her voice low. 

Emi nodded. " You were born a year after me, Aerith. My 'twin' you could say. You allowed the light back into my soul as mom and dad desired.  When I was born, I was the literal child of darkness. A tainted soul. It was the Tsukiyomi's secret.But... You have been my savior since the beginning.  You're the reason I am me." Emi said.  Her parent's flawed method of saving their firstborn from the same darkness that destroyed Rido Kuran, hurt both girls.  They had never met.  They were taught to not see each other as equals.  But it was The Tsukiyomi's only choice, and Aerith understood that.  History, as had happened to the Kuran's, could not be repeated. 

Emi knelt down on one knee, her hand over her chest. "I will always be grateful, sister." She said. Aerith smiled and brought her up. She held no ill will towards her sister.  Or their parents, for that matter.  Aerith was just glad to have been freed at last.   "We're the last Tsukiyomi's. Lets allow the world to live with us on its grounds. " Aerith said. Emi smiled and nodded. They each closed their eyes, holding their hands together and everything went blank.

Kaname and Genesis stood from the ground, each holding their hands. "What happened? Where are they?" Kaname asked, looking around. The two men rose to their feet and looked forward. Just as the sun began to rise, at the top of a pillar were the two women. Their white dresses and silver crowns making them seem like angels. Kaname smiled and walked toward Emi.