Chapter 4: Holy Ground

Jacob woke up looking up at the ceiling, and his head was still pounding from the accident yesterday. But as his headache grew, he remembered the events which took place afterwards and he smiled blushing slightly. A loud knock banged on his door and Josh entered, toothbrush in mouth and he had a confused expression in his face.

"Time to get ready for school Hermano, your friends are here" Josh rolled his eyes "You have that goofy smile on your face again, why?" Josh asked being nosy. "I asked Caleb on a date, and he accepted" Jacob smiled flushed "Well, that would explain it, congrats man" Josh chuckled walking into the hallway. Jacob started to dress, into a smart and expensive suit. Jacob didn't like wearing suits, but because of his school, suits it is then, or a smart attire. Jacob entered into the kitchen spotting Lincoln perched on the couch with Katie and Alex.

Ava was leaned against the counter biting into an apple "Please, do help yourself" Jacob sighed and Ava smiled. "Oh I'm happy too" Ava smiled mischievously "So where's Millie?" Jacob asked confused since they are usually inseparable. "With Caleb and Ivy, they got to school early" Ava smiled "Ready to go?" Lincoln asked feeling impatient. "Yeah, let's go" Jacob smiled but then Lincoln stopped him with his hand "You seem different, like you have a glow" Lincoln asked suspiciously yet in a amused tone. Ava gasped then laughed. "That's hilarious, let's go before the traffic piles up" Jacob laughed feeling awkward.

Meanwhile at school, Caleb was sitting on a wall around the corner out of sight with Ivy and Millie. Caleb pulled out a cigarette and he lit it. "What's with the smile?" Millie asked "What? can't I just be happy?" Caleb smiled again thinking of yesterday, replaying the moment in his over and over again. "No you can't, spill, something happened yesterday, what?" Ivy responded "Well, Jacob asked me on a date" Caleb giggled "About time, where is he taking you?" Millie squealed excited. "We haven't gone over the details yet, but I cannot wait" Caleb smiled putting out his cigarette and quickly sprayed himself censoring out the smell of cigarettes.

Later on, "So what happened on the bleachers with Caleb?" Ava asked as Lincoln was in the bathroom. "We kissed, and then I asked him on a date" Jacob smiled his cheeks warm. "You did, about time" Alex gasped, Jacob flustered. "Keep it down Lincoln may here you" Jacob whispered. "Sorry, to break it to you, but you're gonna have to tell Lincoln eventually" Katie replied "I know, I know, I just want to see how it goes without outside interference or factors" Jacob responded seriously. "At least you'll see Caleb tonight, at Owen's party" Ava smiled.

"So, are you going to the party Ivy?" Millie asked as they marched into the hallway. Ivy rolled her eyes "I am, I'm not giving that Bitch the satisfaction of getting to me, so I'm going" Ivy slammed her locker door shut, sending a shiver down their spines. "That's the spirit" Caleb sarcastically smiled a little frightened "Don't worry, your parties are supreme" Millie smiled opening her locker and picking out her textbooks, receiving a smile from Ivy.

Then suddenly someone jumped behind Ivy covering her eyes with their hands. "Connor?" Ivy turned around kissing him in return "You two are adorable" Caleb smiled shutting his locker gently. "I actually have a gift for you?" Connor handed Ivy a box and as she opened the velvet box revealed a small dark pearl and a rose gold chain and Caleb and Millie gasped in response to the expensive gift. "Oh Connor, you shouldn't have, this looks expensive" Ivy knew how much the pearl was worth and she felt guilty. "I know how much you love pearls, and I wanted to show you how much I love you" Connor smiled as Ivy kissed him in response.

Caleb wondered down the hallway with Millie, when suddenly a strong arm pulled him into the cleaners closet. Caleb gasped taken by surprise to see Jacob smiling mischievously. "Are you insane?" Caleb rolled his eyes "I needed to talk to you" Jacob replied "You know there are other places to talk" Caleb crossed his arms with sass.
"Anyway, I have come up with an idea for our date" Jacob smirked and Caleb smiled in response "And what's that?" Caleb replied intrigued by his confidence. "There's a drive in movie playing on Saturday, what do you think?" Jacob wondered arms out waiting for a response. "I love that, good job Perez" Caleb smiled kissing Jacob, but Jacob then pulled him into a tight hug and Caleb enjoyed the brief form of intimacy. But then the cleaner opened the door and they both gasped. "So sorry" They both giggled dashing out of the closet. "I'll see you at the party" Jacob winked at Caleb before dashing away into the crowds of students rushing to their first class.

Later on, 7:30pm, Caleb was getting ready for the party his outfit perfect for the occasion. When his phone rang, it was Mike. "Caleb I'm so glad you picked up, sorry for not calling sooner it's been manic over here, with settling in" Mike spoke and Caleb understood and was glad he was having a good time, even though he missed him dearly.  "Oh it's fine, I've been slammed with School, I actually have to go to a party, but can I call you back?" Caleb asked gilt ridden for not talking longer, but he had to go. "Of course, I'll call you tomorrow" Mike hung up saddened by the distance between them since his move.

Jacob meanwhile, was about to leave, when his phone rang briefly the name labelled 'Dad' and he gazed because his father doesn't call much. "Don't answer" Josh shouted stopping him "But.." Jacob tried to reply but was interupted by Josh "Don't!" Josh roared storming into his room. But then suddenly Jacob's other brother Marco entered "Where the hell have you been Marco?" Jacob asked confused on his brothers lengthy absence reminding him slightly of his fathers constant disappearances.

"Calm down, Hermano I've been in London" Marco smiled  mischievously. Jacob sighed exiting the house tired of arguing with Marco. Jacob often hated being one of four brothers especially since practically both of his parents have been absent within his life, but he did feel lucky to have his brothers especially Josh who always took care of them even giving up on his chances in college, to help look after his brothers.

Caleb arrived at the large modern styled house "I hate him" Ivy growled. "Join the club" Millie added holding hands with Ava who kissed her quickly on the cheek. They all looked stunning, wearing expensive clothes. "Caleb, can I have your.." Ivy started "My flask? here" Caleb handed her his secret gin supply. "Gin? Ok better than nothing" Ivy sipped large sips "Careful, that's got to lag me all night" Caleb took his flask back. Jacob, Lincoln and Katie had arrived and they entered the large house. "You look stunning, shortcake" Jacob stood close to him his hands around Caleb and looked down at a shorter Caleb "You don't look too bad yourself, Perez" Caleb kissed him and Jacob enjoyed the intimacy returning the kiss seconds later.

Owen, immediately pulled the group into the living room in front of a fire. "Thank you so much for coming, before we can enjoy my party I wanted to play a little game of 7 minutes in heaven" Owen Mischievously grinned at Caleb. "Starting with Caleb and Jacob... Go into the closet" Owen grinned. "You have gotta be kidding" Caleb barked as they were practically shooed into a small and compact closet. Everyone howled behind them except Lincoln who disliked the idea of the pairing.
"So this is ironic" Jacob chuckled "You've got that right" Caleb smiled. "Screw it" Jacob smirked kissing Caleb who returned the gesture. Making out, they kissed slowly as well as quietly. As they became closer suddenly they heard the door open an they jumped off each other.

As the night drew to a close, Caleb was about to jump into Ivy's car but Jacob grabbed his hand gently. "I know this is weird, but do you want to come home with me and watch a movie, we have the house to ourselves" Jacob wondered looking at Caleb who smiled in return. "That sounds perfect" Caleb walked with Jacob. "Remember, no funny business" Ivy yelled and they chuckled "Yeah don't get any ideas" Caleb smiled.

As they laid, cuddling together on his couch the light off and with Netflix on the TV. Jacob's phone started to ring and it was his Dad once again. "Do you want to get that?" Caleb asked "No it's alright" Jacob sighed as he denied the call, he kissed Caleb on the forehead before continuing to watch the movie, worry flooded his face.